Welcoming Byfron to Roblox

I too don’t see the issue with using shaders in dark games. Like yes, they aren’t intended to be used like that, but still. Banning them over some Horror game is just stupid.

1 Like

Client-Sided Anti-Cheat will cause performance issues, which is a big issue for large games with a large amount of parts… I’m not looking forward to this.

1 Like

Byfron is anti-tamper not anti-cheat.
Byfron is meant to run with another AC with it.
That is unless roblox somehow convinced nemi to make byfron a stand-alone anticheat rather than a general anti-tamper tool.

Really hope you guys would put at least some effort in protecting .byfron dll in your launcher! Because from what it seems people have already seem to deobf the original dll for byfron., also not to mention byfron is usermode.

Sick. Finally a great update for us fellow developers.

2 Likes

it’s an anti debugger, using localscripts will not tamper with the executable outside of the lua vm unless you find some wack sandbox escape vuln

Modifying the lighting allows script kiddies to find knobs (paid in-game currency) faster/easier than the other players in their session that aren’t exploiting. Clearly, we have different ideologies of what’s right and what’s wrong…

If you’re playing a solo “horror” game then sure, use premade exploits all you want. However, in the case of DOORS modifying the lighting does affect other players, even if the gameplay isn’t competitive.

@SwitchedDreams

The whole point of an anti-exploit is to stop/mitigate exploiters from having an unfair advantage over players that play in an intended way.

2 Likes

Well, I guess this is useless then!
Byfron was used by other games previously and was INCREDIBLY easy to bypass.
Watch as all the exploit programs swiftly bypass this and do stuff never meant to be done by the client anyway.

3 Likes

Please tell me this will become optional for once and not forced like everything else :sob:

2 Likes

I think Byfron will make an AC too, because just an anti-tamper thing just useless by itself(atleast against roblox exploiters) /shrug.

I am glad Roblox is finally doing something about exploiters but I have a lot of questions. First of all, what does this mean for experiences with admin commands? Commands like that helps creators better access their game like flying, invisibility, etc. If these modify the player… would it be flagged? Secondly… the alt detection. Siblings, group holder accounts, room mates, testing accounts, what is to happen with them? would they get flagged too? plus, most exploiters these times use VPNs so will this alt detection even be reliable? Other than those, I still find it great that Roblox is at least trying to put an end to exploiters.

thanks alot roblox now i cant test my ban systems and stuff like that and someone near me cannot play roblox with me thanks so much

3 Likes

People get what im saying either way. But thanks for the very useful and contributing correction!

2 Likes

I’m happy to see that Roblox is finally adding anti cheat! However will this be toggleable?

1 Like

While the Roblox on Linux community is quite small, will there be attempts to ensure the anticheat doesn’t prevent them from playing when it’s implemented?

If successful and implemented effectively, this is will be a great move to bolster developer confidence in the platform.

Please keep the developer community in the loop regarding its implementation & listen to community feedback. Some genres, games, and communities may cease to exist if this disables or penalizes noninvasive third party programs that use DLL injections to improve client performance & gameplay, especially the ROBLOX FPS Unlocker.

Please provide an exception to austin’s fps unlocker - or even better, include an fps unlocker in the vanilla client as a toggle. Without the unlocker, I personally get horrible performance, stuttering, and unstable frames on a decent PC with a graphics card. It’s practically a requirement in any competitive gaming community I’m in. Coding firerate/physics dependent on player framerate is bad practice and obsolete in any case.

2 Likes

Your “Anti-Cheat” is more like “we broke fps because we want players to lag and oh you have to buy a new computer sorry we cant do anything about it”

What, is this horrible update roblox? PLEASE FIX FPS UNLOCKER and breaking alt accounts for my game. Why are you trying to make roblox like this nightmare (it really is im sorry :sob:)

Stop trying to make it a kindergarden baby place and making dumb updates for the community.

2 Likes

Once again, byfron is anti-tamper not anti-cheat, and it’s not even out yet.

5 Likes

To add on top of this.

Just because they said they will add alt account detection doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use any alt’s. They probably are referring to exploiter alt account detection.

It’s not Roblox’s responsibility to fix FPS unlocker because Roblox did not make it. It was a made by somebody else.

Like the post above mentioned this isn’t even out yet so none of what you just said is confirmed.

2 Likes

im talking about roblox assigning it on the server… not the client