Welcoming Byfron to Roblox

2022 rcc leak incoming haha :cold_face: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well how about Steam Deck though. The entire desktop Linux’s market share suddenly grew up because of how well those devices sold.

Plus - Shedletsky’s message about the Linux port is probably more than 5 years old - nowadays the broken video drivers are mostly a thing of the past especially if you’re using Intel & AMD GPUs (those includes integrated GPUs such as Intel HD, too). Only major hurdle are NVIDIA’s being closed source inside an open source operating system, but they also improved Linux support for the latest NVIDIA cards.

Some speculations appear to be the bad Vulkan & OpenGL implementation, and the Microsoft’s DirectX & Apple’s Metal being the only most reliable graphics APIs that Roblox can ever handle. No wonder why OpenGL 4.6 can’t even support ShadowMap without FFlag tweaks, while being DX11-equivalent, and Vulkan can’t support Future for v1.1 and lower while even the 1.0 version is way more superior than DX11.

EDIT: Vulkan supports Future Lighting, only if the hardware is capable of at least 1.2 version. Performance is comparable and sometimes 3-5% faster than DX11 even on Windows. (tested on AMD Ryzen 3 3250u iGPU)
To enable Vulkan you can either edit the FFlags or use a custom launcher “Bloxstrap” to change graphics renderer.

7 Likes

Best thing that has happened to the platform in quite some time, welcome Byfron!

1 Like

Will this apply to studio, for programs like ReShade?

1 Like

This seems like there is no way this is going to work in usermode? Will this cause roblox to require elevation. If so I can already see a ton of kids no longer being able to use it, mainly to the fact the wont have admin privileges on windows computers. Considering there a great deal who play it at places like libraries or school and i’ve also literally seen people play it like at wal-mart or department stores where they have it on view.

IDK I feel like this would cause a big loss in pc players.

It’s still working as of today, but there’s no way of knowing if it’s implemented yet. It will be a very sad day if it breaks linux compatibility as I’d love to move far away from windows if possible.

will the anti cheat be disabled for the owner along with a way for the owner to disable it for other players eg.(an admin with special commands)

I don’t think that’s how this is going to work, I believe it’s likely going to stop executors from attaching rather than what happens in the game

2 Likes

oh ok that seems more plausible

I know a-lot of people / developers are seeing this as a upgrade, but is it only me that see’s this as a major downgrade, and a headache to deal with.

2 Likes

I think it’s forced since developer’s won’t get any access to enable/disable it.

1 Like

Just a quick question, will a post be made on the forum letting us know when the anticheat is fully out?

1 Like

we will probably notice once half of roblox is banned

2 Likes

lmfao couldn’t have said it better myself

Unlikely…

2 Likes

I was referring to being banned for using an FPS unlocker/shader. See the post I made the reply to please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most exploits have unfortunately already bypassed this if it has already been implemented.

1 Like

I don’t think it has been released yet.

1 Like

Yeah, you’ll know it goes live when JJSpoit goes down cause they aren’t gonna bother fixing a free exploit.

3 Likes

Fps unlockers are allowed, so it won’t flag them as cheats

4 Likes