Weld Constraint problem

The part is in the middle and anchored

1 Like

I’m sorry for too many questions, but are you using the tween service to sink the ship? If so, can I see the script that’s running it? I remember trying this and when I tweened my primary part, it didn’t work as it made my door open weirdly

1 Like
while wait() do
if script.Parent.Parent == workspace then
	local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")

wait(12)

local Ship = script.Parent
	local ShipRoot = Ship.PrimaryPart

local tweenInfo = TweenInfo.new(
		Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
		Enum.EasingDirection.InOut,
		false,
	)

local goals = {
		CFrame = ShipRoot.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(0,0,math.rad(-90)) * CFrame.new(150,0,0)
	}

local tween = TweenService:Create(ShipRoot,tweenInfo,goals)

tween:Play()

wait(50)

local tweenInfo2 = TweenInfo.new(
		Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,
		Enum.EasingDirection.InOut,
		false,
	)

local goals2 = {
		CFrame = ShipRoot.CFrame * CFrame.new(75,0,0)
	}	

local tween2 = TweenService:Create(ShipRoot,tweenInfo2,goals2)
	tween2:Play()
	wait(10)
end

end

I clone the ship in another script

I see you are using the CFrame as your goal. Maybe instead of using a CFrame, try using Vector3.new for your postion and angle?

local goals = {
goals.Position = Vector3.new(newPosition)
goals.Orientation = Vector3.new(0,0,-90)
}

Maybe changing that can make an effect? I don’t really think so but the welds can be the problem themselves

1 Like

It does not work the output says:

Workspace.CargoShip.Script: 20: Expected a name, got a complex expression

I was watching, I think that when cloning the boat the WeldConstraints get locked or not cloned at the same time and since the parts of the model are not anchored, they fall slightly and then the WeldConstraint grab the parts; I tried doing an Instance.new with the WeldsConstraints but it still doesn’t work.

Ok now that makes sense, I feel that the welds do get messed up somehow cause you do have the whole ship unachored which makes everything fall if welds aren’t loaded correctly. The welds seem to replicate good on the server, but not on the client . Maybe when a plyaee touches the ship, it collapses?

1 Like

And sorry the goals variable I think I did it wrong.

Try local goal = {}
goal.Position = Vector3.new(‘YourNewPosition’)
goal.Orientation = Vector3.new(0,0,-90)

I don’t know if this would work, but ig try it. Replace the ‘YourNewPosition’, with exact coordinates on where you want it to end. Idk if it would work

1 Like

Although it does not touch the ship, it is destroyed

It still does not work, I think CFrame should be used since a model has no position or orientation, so the PrimaryPart should be taken, which moves with CFrame

So whenever the ship gets cloned it just automatically collapses then.

Can you not make the primary part the same size as the ship as everything is maybe getting dragged towards the center making stuff collpase?

Yeah stay with the CFrame then since it works best for you!

1 Like

The same thing is still happening

1 Like

Weird I never really had this much problems with welds tbh. Try putting the model on workspace and run the game to see if the welds work which they should. Obviously something is happening on the client side wheb the client decides to clone the ship. What are all the methods you have tried?

1 Like

The same thing happens when I leave it in the Workspace and it is not cloned, the server sees it well but the Client does not

Well I have tried multiple things, use Remote Events, clone it with Anchored and Unanchored in the script, create the Welds
Constraints with an Instance.new () and different things where WeldConstraints were not active so Tween did not work. And all the other methods already mentioned.

I was looking at topics about problems with the WeldContraints and I found this one that happens exactly what happens to my model.

1 Like

Good to know! Did the post help? It seems as if he’s right as the server and client have some sort of latency against each other

1 Like

In the post no solution was clarified, I was looking at other posts, I saw one from 2 years ago where exactly the same thing happened and says that roblox is fixing it.

So it seems this is more of roblox’s fault then? Cause your code seems to be fine and everything. I say maybe try to contact toblox in a way? But I don’t think it would help much

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the help
(30ch)

1 Like