WE's Robbery Kit (Open Sourced!)

Hello Developers! I am excited to announce my first kit, WE’s Robbery Kit! My games High Noon Hijack and Jail City are going to end support soon, so I started thinking one night about making this kit! Here it is!

Grabbing WE’s Robbery Kit has never been easier!

Changelog v1.1.0
  • Replaced all values with Attributes
  • Made kit more customizable
  • The base and the Kits are now included in 1 package
  • Auto Setup
Switching to Automatic Updates (DataStore 2 edition only)

The DataStore 2 edition does not require() the DataStore 2 module. Instead, it is included with the kit. To manually change to automatic updates to DataStore 2 edition, go into kit > Base > ServerScriptService > Leaderboard > Line 3, and make that like the following code below:

require(1936396537)

With WE’s Robbery Kit, you can easily create a Jailbreak game with ease. In this version, you can change the currencies name without having to change the names in all of the scripts! Everything now works together! v1.1.0 also includes a new feature called AutoSetup! You won’t need to do anything but add the model to the Workspace, and you are done!

Most of the documentations are in the model:

This kit currently comes in 2 editions. You can get the free model for the one you choose below.

https://www.roblox.com/library/6464582057/WEs-Robbery-Kit-Standard-Edition

https://www.roblox.com/library/6471742759/WEs-Robbery-Kit-DataStore-2-Edition

For past releases, beta releases, and .rbxm of the kits, take a look at the WE’s Robbery Kit GitHub:

All are free to use any of the kits here! They will often be updated. Questions? Bug reports? Suggestions? Future kit ideas? Feel free to reply to this topic! Thank you, WE

34 Likes

Do you have a picture or video? I would like to see what it’s like!

6 Likes

No, but I will add them! Do you have suggestions for future kits? If you need help, let me know. Thanks, WE

2 Likes

A bug was recently fixed with the StarterKit.

1 Like

This post makes no sense.

1. It doesnt even have a start robbery part
  2. nothing opens up. nothing ingame happens
  3. all thes means its not a robbery.
    edit:
  4. it doesnt even have leaderstats
2 Likes

let the guy live holy, he worked hard on it and your just gonna bash on him like that? not cool dude.

9 Likes

Great kit for Beginners!
One thing tho…
You need to make it so that when you step on a brick, the gui shows up.

3 Likes

Amazing kit! Especially for begginners! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

its not supposed to be a hate comment. its thiings that doesnt make it a robbery and what he needs to add to make it.

“Not cool dude.”

1 Like

I don’t really like this kit it constrains you to much. Firstly it makes you use an inefficient saving method. It also makes your system based on ‘Cash’ not everyone actually has cash as their leaderstat name.

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local leader = Instance.new("Folder",player)
	leader.Name = "leaderstats"
	local Cash = Instance.new("IntValue",leader)
	Cash.Name = "Money"
	Cash.Value = ds:GetAsync(player.UserId) or 50 --50 is the starting number. Change it to the number you wish to start with, 
	ds:SetAsync(player.UserId, Cash.Value)
	Cash.Changed:Connect(function()
		ds:SetAsync(player.UserId, Cash.Value)
	end)
end)

game.Players.PlayerRemoving:Connect(function(player)
	ds:SetAsync(player.UserId, player.leaderstats.Money.Value)
end).

Why are you setting the datastore every time your cash changes, this is really inefficient and uses up your datastore request budget really quick. A good way to save is save the cash only when the player leaves with periodical auto saves.

It also has no retry mechanism. What happens if getAsync fails and produces an error?

https://gyazo.com/98da2134144deeee1470a0c31621addc

Well now the cash will be at 0. That’s not the problem but the following is a problem.

https://gyazo.com/d5ea045158519857818d43ecdf4d8c77

Your setting regardless of if GetAsync failed. If GetAsync failed in the beginning the cash would be 0, and now your setting that into the datastore corrupting the player’s data.

Btw all you need is one script which handles the backend of the robbing system, having multiple scripts modifying the same thing is considered bad practice as it violates the single responsibility principle.

Overall, I think this system is to constrained, inefficient, and is really badly organized.

For the people who are wondering why this is broken it actually isn’t because of the kit

(@ScxiptedShark)

Datastores don’t work unless if you publish your game, so it won’t work if you use the sample place. That’s why the script errors on line2, making the rest of the script not run.

https://gyazo.com/eb2fd7aca9f3c6b1266e526f22babc2e

6 Likes

The extensions have the start robbery part. Things do happen, and yes it is not only made for robberies. It does have leaderstats. They are DataStores and have to be played in a published game:

It comes packaged with its own DataStore.

2 Likes

Wait it doesn’t show up? I thought it did. What extension did you use?

2 Likes

Most of the things were made in 2018. I just fixed a few things up. I was not that experienced back then. Also it was made for published games. I may modify the starting kit to have a leaderstat in a local place.

Remember, this kit is still being developed. Things may change in the future.

1 Like

You need to use extensions to do that they have cash adder(leaderstats) and cash button extension which i think automatically uses the remote events and stuff that you get from the kit

4 Likes

I 100% agree, if it is not a working kit there is no reason to but it out there.

1 Like

It is a working kit. You just need to get an extension in order to use it.

This doesn’t really make sense try to fix this topic up so we can understand more plz add some pictures that would help

What is the point of the robbery kit if the kit does not supply the needs that developers need to make the robbery happen.

1 Like

smh, at least he’s trying. give him some respect for the guy atleast.

3 Likes

It is in extensions. You need to get an extension in order to start the robbery.