We’re updating Heads!

While I’m not really concerned about how Roblox is putting the classic face offsale in favor of the dynamic heads, I would like to ask a question.

What’s going to happen to the already-offsale faces that were offsale BEFORE this update hit? Are they too going to become dynamic heads? Or are they just going to be ignored like they were never there in the first place?

6 Likes

In all honesty, They most likely still can, doesn’t mean they will.

1 Like

They most likley will be ignored, but IMO you should be slightly concerned about classic faces being put off-sale (and at this moment made unobtainable) in favour of dynamic heads.

1 Like

Not really. I recently updated all my outfits to have animated faces, I haven’t updated my current one yet because it uses a custom head that can’t be replicated at the current moment, but Roblox is saying that they’ll make the animated heads more customizable by giving us more head options to put our animated faces on. Aside from that issue there and the matter of the offsale faces, I have no problems with this update. But that’s just me.

1 Like

If you like it that’s great, the only problem I have is with Classic Faces being unobtainable.

5 Likes

When Roblox says they are placing old faces off-sale in favor the new expressive faces, it means that they don’t think the old faces are good enough for player expression. But this is totally false. Some people prefer the animated faces, that is true. However we must note that many players do not in fact prefer the animated faces over the 2d faces.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/looking-for-feedback-dynamic-heads-facial-animation/1573773
I believe these polls prove my point.

So Roblox, why put the old faces off-sale? What about them is causing issues for the new faces? What about their existence threatens player expression so much so that they all need to be replaced? Many people do prefer 2d faces. When UGC heads released, many of the bestselling free faces were, in fact, 2d faces.

So I really don’t get it. People love 2d faces. Its like R6 and R15. Sure, R15 is more expressive and flexible, but there is a simple charm to R6. The same is true for 2d faces and dynamic faces. To put 2d faces off-sale would be to take away player expression. So why then? It contradicts Roblox’s mission of player expression.

11 Likes

OH MY GOD IT’S HERE
Screenshot_20230909-072332
i feel like a little kid on Christmas right now

5 Likes

It’s everything I could’ve ever dreamed of

R15

R6

7 Likes

If you buy some classic faces, you get the dynamic version as well! I think Roblox listened!

5 Likes

yeah, same, roblox, stop forcing faces on us and listen…For anyone who’s confused, I was replying to “Forced my costumes to have dynamic heads”, but the post got deleted to clear up.

4 Likes

All I see is another gateway to copy epic face and headless and make some weird packages that make me uncomfortable

4 Likes

It’s only showing the classic face. I don’t see the dynamic head anywhere.

6 Likes

That is pretty much what I’m saying, they could simply bundle up THE CLASSIC Faces with the “Styles” but they aren’t doing that.

7 Likes

This is what needs to be effectively done. Everyone upvote this idea please. We definitely need faces bundled together with it’s corresponding dynamic style head. Please and thank you. ^

2 Likes

Yes, this is definitely going in the right direction for Roblox if this is true.

3 Likes

new update: update your irl head! new very unrealistic and no facial movement heads and faces!

4 Likes

new update: configure your irl mouth controls!!! new super realistic (100%) and and so moving!!!

4 Likes

Yeah. The dynamic head is currently not visible at the moment. But you can buy it and you’ll still automatically have the dynamic version in your inventory.

2 Likes

Interesting. What faces have they done this with so far?

3 Likes

It would be nice if Roblox listened, but unfortunately they haven’t yet.

3 Likes