So this is a question I’ve had on my mind for a while now. And when Looking for Threads about this Topic, and general Videos about it, They appear to be non-existent, and just show you “how to unlock your FPS” when looking up “How to Optimize your Roblox Games”, so I decided to create this thread to get some help on what to do, and to maybe help people who find this in the future.
But, to get on point with this Topic, I would like to know aa few things about Optimization, and what ways I can use it, and How I can Handle it properly without Sacrificing the Quality of the Map.
When you spawn into a game, without making any optimizations, and have thousands of parts all around at once, it will cause the loading screen to take forever, and with most games that do make Map Optimizations, they tend to less time to properly load in, and sometimes its almost Instant despite having a lot of content in the game, and thousands of parts in them, on low-end devices it may be a different case however depending if they allow for said devices.
Here are a few questions I (and maybe a few others) have about making Optimizations
- The upmost Proper, and Best Utilization of Content Streaming, and its Quirks
- Best ways to Simplify Collision on Meshes, Parts and Unions
- Properly Rendering Meshes, and Far away objects
- Best Ways to Simplify Geometry
- What Objects should Only be Rendered, or Utilized on the Client
- What are neat ways to Lower Part Count
- Best ways to Keep track of what Details are not needed or needed
So with all this Information out of the way, What would be some Good Tips, or Good Advice for people when it comes to making these types of Optimizations on their Roblox Games?