What are real limits of data being sent when using UnreliableRemoteEvent?

Hello!

EDIT: The information in this topic is incorrect, actually correct information can be found here:

When reading this article you may find that the size of the data being sent is limited when using an UnreliableRemoteEvent. But I tested it using my network system and realized that there is no such restriction.

On the screeenshot you may see that the server sends quite a big table with data to the client. (The actual data is {TestTable = { Child1 = 150, Child2 = 150, etc...} } there are 255 childs in the table). And then the data is compressed into one large buffer, which is sent to the client. So, the client receives the buffer and reports that it’s size is 2444 bytes, which is 2.8 times more than the 900 bytes limit, so it’s payload is way bigger than one specified on the website, but there are no log messages and full data is received by the client.

So what is the actual limit of data size when using UnreliableRemoteEvent? Maybe I misunderstood something, but I’m really confused by this situation.

1 Like

Not sure. Maybe they’ve increased the limit but haven’t updated the docs? You can always just keep increasing the limit until you get some message saying it’s too large.

This was a very console thing for

I’m sorry for the late response, but you’re right, for some reason the limits are almost 4 times higher than the limits that are on the website.

The real limit is 3873 bytes per event.

Here are results:

A packet of 3855 bytes is sent normally, but with a size of 3875 it is not, and the warning message finally appears. So I guess the limit is 3875 - 2 = 3873 if the message is not lying.

I’m not sure if this is the new limit or just a bug, but I guess this should be posted in #bug-reports:documentation-issues, but sadly I don’t have permissions to do it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.