What are you working on currently? [2016]

The high specular gloss feels kinda like white borders around the characters in some areas

whelp, your 3D thing beats mine.

gg

still made a timelapse of me working on my 4-6-4 hudson tho.
it’s kinda fast… i had it set to 1 screenshot per second… probably should have had it around 0.5 or 0.25

1 Like

That’s kind of my style. I like to put fresnel on robloxians because the textures are too low-res and the models lack detail. Without fresnel the edges are too dark and don’t seperate from the background too well. ROBLOX has done this in a lot of their images.

lowkey excuse because i suck at lighting ofc

What’s ‘f’? Effects? Kind of hard to tell from the icon.

THANK YOU for making that coaster respectable. It irked the hell out of me that they included that ugly 2010 throwback.

22 Likes

Disney Hercules?

Now

A Year Ago

Art not drawn by me

10 Likes

It is already past midnight? Sure is getting dark…

I made one teeny tiny itty bitty change to my framework Fury to allow for Pools to have an updated event incase I or MyCheeze needs to listen for when a table is updated:

And then I am finally getting around to making BlendBlox’s Color & Material gui to do stuff
(how to get these images to fit next to each other?)

And yes, it supports text input and yes the Material’s image display is displayed in BrickColor, not Color3. And here’s what the material selection looks like, nice dropdown menu with a soon-to-be functional search bar for materials. (No gif of this opening or closing because atm, its just visible = true/false and nothing more appealing)

Next update or one after will probably be a video showcasing the overall progress.

cc @GregTame @maplestick @ProfBeetle

5 Likes

I had to read this at least 5 times. That’s quite a sentence.

I forgot if this was asked already, but what will this be used for?

Saved another few y-axis pixels (almost exactly 7 joints visible now :smiley: ) and started finalizing the design.

I guess you guys get a sneak peek :stuck_out_tongue: Kinda stuck between choice 1 and 2. I try to minimize text as much as possible in the design (you should be focusing on movement, not numbers, names, text, etc…) 1 has the benefit of being layed out super clearly. 2 has the benefit of being much cleaner, and to me quite obvious. It won’t be used by many other people anytime soon so it’s not like I need to label everything (although, I am creating hover-over texts for all the little icons but I’ve been saving that for last). The downside of option #2 is all that ugly extra space… I could fill it in with a potential radio button above the export for “hard export” which basically exports the starting pose as part of the animation.

Yeah idk. 1 is nice and obvious but not very well layed out and kind of clustered. 2 is simple and open but not very symmetrical. Any thoughts/ideas? I wanna fix this before I properly showcase the thing.

1 Like

Add a key/legend to the right of the bottom left frame that you can toggle on/off on choice 2?

What do you mean?

sorry, should have been clearer

here’s an image because i’m can’t explain https://gyazo.com/744b75750aad460213a8c40c30650d97

a legend right there that you can toggle on/off and is labeled by color or something

I may misunderstanding but that seems a bit redundant. For instance, the number 0.25 is centered and placed directly above the ‘Move’ button, which also has the same TextBorderColor3 or whatever the property is called. I was hoping that placing it right above it + coloring it with the same theme would make it obvious enough that they’re linked, but I guess someone could still get confused.

One of the biggest things I’m trying to avoid at all costs is adding more text. It’s already crammed full of numbers and letters on the timeline/joint selection and I want the menu to be as clean as possible.

yeah, I see what you mean. I sort of misunderstood what you meant (it’s what I get for staying up this late, heh).

It looks way cleaner than your older version.

Since you don’t like all that extra space on choice #2, why not something like this: https://gyazo.com/c207634cb8c1092af638e052560a69b9

Nice PS skills.

I wanna do that but that’s where hints come up (hovering your mouse over a button makes it glow and white text underneath fades in to show what the button is and what keyboard shortcut it has)

I could try making the hint show under those numbers for just the time/move/rotate but that also might look weird. I’ll give it a go in the morning just in case it does look good.

You could make the keyboard shortcut tooltip appear below the image, while the number, if applicable appears above the image