What are you working on currently? [2016]

Oh awesome so it is noticeable, great to know.

How does that radar handle multi-story structures? It’s amazing btw.

2 Likes

Right now the (initial) image data is manually entered, so any structure being n-storied is irrelevant, but soon it will be switched to a hybrid system of automated data entry and manual entry. I’m pretty sure it would still be irrelevant per-story, but soon there will be support for denoting height differences :slight_smile:, things like roads and obstacles too, and etc etc.

Although thanks for saying it’s amazing. All my friends I’ve shown were ecstatic about it, among the other features I’m bringing to the table for this game.

When it’s in the Open-Alpha release of the game (which will be available to RBXDev) it will look a lot better. I think everyone will enjoy it.

For all those who are concerned, count on that being in December, or January :slight_smile:

1 Like

Meaning like dynamic map updates or an automated way to load any map in?

For static parts of the map it’s static data built to always be where you expect it too on the radar, if its a moving item then it will be dynamically stored per-real time.
Any map can utilize this radar, but for the sake of optimization the static parts of every map will only run on Initial position+size data to produce the radars minimap.

Aka player blips will always move compared to other items, buildings will stay the same as per initial data.

Tbh im not sure if there’s another way to explain it so if you need me to elaborate more after this I’m sorry Senpai I cannot ;_;

2 Likes

nvm thanks for playing

2 Likes

Not so much post-apocalypse as it is post-chernobyl :wink:

2 Likes

44 Likes

A fun little quick build; might turn into some’n later.

41 Likes

That looks beautiful!! :open_mouth:
Nice job on that!

Holy…

That looks nothing like roblox and that is a GOOD thing!
Are those walls / pillars meshes or are you just badass at texturing?

Also holy h**l that will look even more beautiful if they really decide to add specular/bumpmaps for meshparts

3 Likes

They possibly will, look at the votes so far!! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Thanks man! :grin: The only meshes are the chairs, barrel, arches, and doors. The rest is texture work and some unions. Also, I’d be happy to share the wall texture if you like it.

Also, if Roblox ever adds specular/bumpmaps, that would be amazing. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d love the have the wall texture :smile:

2 Likes

Don’t tell me i’m the only one who thinks the lighter atmosphere around the city from the lights is a genius and awe inspiring addition.

2 Likes

Gotta’ love photoshop; here is that texture: https://www.roblox.com/library/541176957/Stone-brick-seamless-color-changable-texture

8 Likes

Finally got gun replication to work. It doesn’t replicate reloading, but I think that’s for the most part unnecessary for the game.

https://gyazo.com/f8c4981d4abbce86b38064d76b5246f2

3 Likes

What’s that? another track type?

I also added a variable that allows me to set the distance between points on the bezier.
which means very long straight peices of track will be as few parts as needed, and should help resolve some issues with collision normals.

you can tell this isn’t really California based anymore, because there’s water

Also, why should only passenger trains use this line? this is america after all, passenger trains don’t get priority here.

4 Likes

Your track plugin really should let people change the track template

EDIT:
Actually I think the track plugin I’m talking about isn’t made by you…

1 Like

It is not. I don’t even have a track plugin.
What I have is just about 250 lines of code running out of the command line, using global functions and variables.

2 Likes