What are you working on currently? [2016]

It’s worth noting that Default won’t quite make the physical model the same as the visual one (at least not for another few years). It tries to match it as closely as it can, but it’s limited in how precise it’s allowed to be.

On a very similar note, i’m working on a ZPD meter maid car that’s 100% Unions. Imagine trying to drive this thing with Default fidelity.

I was saving this post for a rainy day but now I’m wondering if you guys want a copy of it when it’s done. I don’t want to publish it as a free model, but I don’t plan on doing anything else with it.

15 Likes

Why not use Box w/ Collide false and have a few unions w/ Collide true Hull? I think you could salvage the performance! :smiley:

1 Like

I would like a copy, if I may have permission to share it with my friend JohnDrinkin to use in his Atomica city. (Retrofuturism themed city)

More screenshots from my upcoming game Shard Online by AbstractAlex, OKevinO, @Akiyba and SIe7en

(This sword is a replica of Genesis’s ‘Rapier’ from FF Crisis Core made by SIe7en)

The tavern.

Dual wielding some beginner swords

A shop that will open soon, selling various equipment pieces!

The first dungeon. They will be instance based.

And a bonus screenshot, a choccobo inspired mob

We’re hoping to release a paid alpha (which will include content up to the first dungeon) hopefully within the first week of May. I’ve never worked with a team this dedicated so I’m excited to see what we’ll end up making!

7 Likes

Oh yeah, i’ve started using NonCollide-Box Unions for teeny objects and objects that are otherwise insignificant. I’ve also set most orthogonal shapes that need to be collidable to Hull. Lag-solving life hacks right here.

@GuestCapone
The model should be done sometime this month or the next, but i’ve still got to find references for the instruments. I don’t know if I can Script it to drive, but it should be easy enough anyone to edit. It will also include basic Scripts for the rear lights.

1 Like

This might not be the case for the kart, but the vehicles did not get interiors modeled. http://jalopnik.com/how-disney-s-zootopia-got-its-cars-from-legendary-car-d-1762567392

1 Like

Have you considered a false transparent frame for collision?

I might consider using it later. For the most part, I just use Unions for their shapes and not so much for collisions.

(And i’ve just realized why my TARDIS is so laggy.)

1 Like

Ah. Well good luck. I just released a test of my new game and we got 32 players with 35 joints each 32 (1120 moving parts!) running fluidly because of the amazingly useful CollisionFidelity <3

WoodReviewer is going to have a field day with this game.

6 Likes

When your meme generator works just right…

blob.png

4 Likes

These are the weapons I’ll be building in the next few days/weeks. Wish me luck! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Working on a plugin :grin:

4 Likes

Bueno suerte.

1 Like

Anyone need more RAM?

(Made it for someone on Roblox who made a seriously inaccurate version)
blob.png

2 Likes

A heatsink would be 10/10 dopeness.

Not all companies add heatsinks to RAM.
Original model by him: https://twitter.com/EddGamesHD/status/721615978866589696

oh boi.

Uh… his looks more like laptop RAM as he said…