What are you working on currently? [2016]

When the floor pattern is just right.

3 Likes

Omg please tell me that’s a puzzle that you solve by lining the dots up

4 Likes

Nice uranium atom. The electrons-by-shell threw me off a bit, I expected it to be electrons-by-orbital. Do they circle around or are they static?

Originally static, but I may make it move around. Need to think about it since it part of the floor rather than the screen.

Ran a 10.5 hour dev stream. Made the CBJ-MS from start to finish. The first union to the last animation keyframe.

Turned out okay considering I haven’t made any weapons in like a year.

3 Likes

if they are static, try rotating them just a tad, it looks strange with all the electrons lining up on the one side. The only way I could see the lights lining up like that working is if it was placed right at a main entrance, and all the lights line up with the doors.

1 Like

Pls disable sun rays while sun is covered by clouds :(

2 Likes

It made me cringe.

3 Likes

Was working on some string manipulation in my free time :stuck_out_tongue:

-- String encoding & decoding

function encode(message)

local bytes = {} -- Will store results of string.byte()

for i=1,#message do
    byteKey = string.byte(message,i)
    table.insert(bytes,byteKey) -- adds bytes to the 'bytes' table
end

tag = ""

for _,v in pairs(bytes) do -- cycle through 
    tag = tag.."string.byte("..v..")," -- This sets up the string value that result in for example "string.byte(98),string.byte(99),string.byte(100)"
end

local data = {tag,bytes} -- to pass multiple arguments in the return
return data
end

function decode(bytecodes)
local tagTable = bytecodes
local decodedMessage = ""

for i = 1, #tagTable do
    decodedMessage = decodedMessage..string.char(tagTable[i]) -- create decoded string message
end
return decodedMessage
end

local message = [=[ENCODING MESSAGE: I can encode anything into string.byte() code and decode it back into a normal string.

The output will also show you the complete string.byte() output, so you can copy that and play around with that, too.]=]

local x = encode(message)
print(x[1]:sub(1,#x[1]-1)) -- prints the string.byte() format

local decodedMessage = decode(x[2])
print("\n")
print(decodedMessage)

Neither you seem to ever have been to New York.

1 Like

Or America, at all :o It just seem illogical to me, probably I’m bias because of where I live (Western Europe).

Working on a new map for Polyguns :smiley:

18 Likes

D: it’s pretty but there’s still no flow to it.

What do you mean by flow?

On the dinosaur excavation map I’m shot from behind often because there’s either too many ways into one area or it’s just too open.

On the tree-filled map the entire center is open.

On the town-like map there’s a bit more flow but it’s still all very open.

Most competitive maps are figure 8’s or (if you’re thinking larger scale like Battlefield) have smaller combat areas within larger open areas. Your maps are all very open and it makes it very frustrating when someone kills you from an angle you just checked or from a spawn right behind you. This is coming from someone who gets 12-19 kill streaks quite often, so I know it’s not my lack of ability.

Ah I see now, thanks. I’ll see if I can make some maps that have more smaller areas like you’re describing.

You can fix your current one with like 15 minutes of effort per map. It’d make for some even more awesome gameplay.

Is there a particular way that you’re thinking of that would help it?

For the town and city map you could pile up large walls of debris to cover certain areas. Cover one of the wall holes so that the only way through is by the building windows or by going around. I’d also close one of the ways in to that center map yard type thing.

For the dinosaur excavation map I’d make a few more walls and make some of the cover larger as well as add some new small cover. It’ll make SMG/Shotgun gameplay more fun yet still allow for those giant lines of sight for snipers.

For the giant open map you could use those hexagon walk type things to make some walls at the center of the map. Kind of like a circle within a circle. You could also use it to create a few walls between the rim if the map and the center. I’d also cover at least two areas on the rim of the map so that you can’t get around the entire map so easily by going through the edges. COD does this by making the easiest way around maps the most dangerous but rewarding.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll try and make sure this next map I’m currently working on has some smaller areas and once it’s done I’ll work on improving the current maps.