What are you working on currently? (2017)

Oh you mean ambient occlusion, I’ve just never seen is abbreviated before. Yeah I know what it is, and though I do want AO in my texture, I want like actual shading in their as well.

Thanks for that tip actually, I just tried that out, and it produced awesome results (although i am getting black splotches), Ill probably be doing that from now on. I ultimately want to achieve the how the textures are baked on roblox meshes, and this is looking like it.

I prefer disabling roblox’s global shadows entirely and adding meshes with AO baked on them instead. Not to be rude to the roblox engineers but i personally find it really ugly.

Like when you make something big and the shadows just flicker from dark to light when you get close or further away. Same goes for lights. Their light location also updates very infrequently from longer distances.

1 Like

Future Is Bright soon please @zeuxcg

8 Likes

Was setting up a basic stance when I hit these nice looking (IMO) lighting settings.

9 Likes

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-properly-use-hide-details/33438?source_topic_id=32228

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Working on currently (2017)

22 Likes

adjust the ray length between the models

set it to between 0.1 and 0.01, whatever works for you.

So it still has a chance at releasing before 2019? :smiley:

I use .1, but even still the blotches developed.
(only when I did it without using lights though)

1 Like

Hope is eternal

7 Likes

Today was a good 7 hour stream day :smiley:

Worked on making cases work seamlessly with the rest of the GUI. Completely scrapped what I had before I started from scratch, but I think it was worth the trouble:

Here’s a video of everything working together smoothly: https://twitter.com/ScriptOnRoblox/status/841885576492118016

10 Likes

I used that to format it correctly, it has breaks in it. Strange that it doesn’t work for me.

Why pre-generate a race track when you can randomize it?

Coming soon game mode to Ultimate Boxing when I am done my plane system. Just seeing if I could get the idea to work.

Here is what I figured out to do:

1. Create any amount of random points.
  2. Sort them by the angle they are around the center. Helps if you also correct the positions to be more centered.
  3. Get the midpoints of each line and draw Bezier curves from midpoint to the the point and to the next midpoint.
  4. Re-assign the start (green marker) to be on any of the Bezier curves.
7 Likes

It was big news!

3 Likes

uhhhh not enough roblox development…

but have been working on a ton of backend things for my discord bot, its now sharded, and
The web panel has member statistics though :o

1 Like

You look like you’d be capable of a back-end statistics site for roblox.

Basically you put a script in your game and can feed it data. The data is sent to a server and you can log in on a website to view it. By default it tracks things like average play time, player count, visit count, average robux spent per play, robux earned per hour, etc…

I’ve really been hoping that someone would release something like this sometime soon. Maybe a $10 per month fee for 1 game, +$5 per month for each game afterwords. or something.

That would be fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please do it! Think of all that income! Just 1000 devs with 1 game each will be $10,000 per month before expenses.

2 Likes

That is something I would pay for when my game starts generating a stable income.

1 Like