What are you working on currently? (2017)

oh shut up you

7 Likes

Making electrical arcs. I’m trying to come up to speed on the ways of Lua and the Roblox scripting environment. This experiment is a script for electrics arcs to connect any two points in space. This place is also published, I’m just trying to work out right now why neon parts sometimes require me to manually push up the graphics quality setting to see them glow when my system can handle it no problem.

https://youtu.be/Iur0bZ5U_1k

28 Likes

Below a certain graphics setting roblox doesn’t enable neon. It’s built in like that sadly.

2 Likes

I like how some of the arcs last a little longer than the others and ‘travel’ a bit before disappearing. Looks pretty realistic!

5 Likes

What I found a bit odd was that my system which can run this at 60fps was not showing neon with the graphics setting at the default “automatic”. I’m developing on a 5GHz i7-7700k with a Titan X Pascal card; I feel like it should not be dropping quality settings on me with a <1000 poly scene O_o

6 Likes

Looks like you’re getting throttled because two of the parts that are being resized happen to be collidable. That’s a pretty common performance gotcha.
Relevant post

1 Like

Excellent. I like fixes that involve checkboxes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t we all:

8 Likes

21 Likes

Is that stenciling, or FBO trickery?

I’ve improved so much lol, just showing progress on remaking the design of the book image for my game’s GUI

(I forgot the spine lol)

That’s not Roblox right?

Edit: The water is flowing. Not Roblox.

Beach stuff for Boardwalk Tycoon.

3 Likes

Working on a new showcase, one day a week. Once my prison game is out, this will become my main project.

13 Likes

Looks like you’re really… raising the roof around here!

2 Likes

I crashed a plane

9 Likes

26af794d970077bfd4247732df8e8c0e3714d27c.gif

The UI for my new animation system is (mostly) done. Was aiming for the least amount of space used with full functionality.

looks like your pilot was pretty… LOST…

geez. i gotta stop with these puns…

Robinson r22, with baked on AO

something… isn’t quite right here…

awww yea

5 Likes

GLSL magic + Unity. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Unity! :smiley:

1 Like