What are you working on currently? (2017)

Technically 5 because of my OCD and short attention span combination but,

the fifth I’m working on with @Bob is much , much simpler and has more potential for finishing than the others.

2 Likes

yes ok but does it speed lag like crazyman’s plane kit

or is this an automated system

1 Like

Speed lag?

Player controlled.

1 Like

a problem with crazyman’s plane kit in events like roblox airline flights is that sometimes the speed spazzes out like crazy, going up and down in values and just makes piloting a plane difficult because you cant take off and its hard to manage the speed. i experienced this a lot when i was a pilot for some airlines back in 2015, but im not sure if its the player’s fault or the kit’s fault.

what im asking is if that issue is solved/rarely occuring in your plane kit

1 Like

Oh, this is actually an issue that SetNetworkOwner fixes. Replication is given to the person closest to the center, compared to the pilot, in those cases. With that function, replication can be forced to the pilot.

1 Like

i thought that problem would never be solved, thats been going around for years lol

1 Like

You mean lawsuit tyccon 2017?

8 Likes

I’ll really enjoy watching all of these Pokemon games getting taken down one day

8 Likes

Why would you enjoy it?

6 Likes

That looks great, even better than I expected!

4 Likes

Mostly the whole stolen assets and use of property they don’t have rights to thing, which gives them an unfair, easier access to an extremely large fan base they didn’t create to which they can make a large amount of real cash from easier than those who make their own games.

But I’m probably just crazy for disliking something potentially illegal and, in my opinion, highly immoral ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

May i ask what all of this ray trace magic does? It looks really cool but it’s really confusing to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically I am shooting a bunch of rays (raycasting) and collecting color data, normal vector, position, etc. and then using some math to calculate lighting for each pixel!

3 Likes

You make it sound so easy.

4 Likes

super nonchalant about your maths abilities lol

edit: wow ninja’d

5 Likes

Raytracing is the opposite of what natural light does: natural light travels from the source of light, hits and reflects a bunch along the way which changes the color and intensity of the light, and eventually ends up in your eye. With raytracing, we shoot a ray from each pixel into the scene, and try to approximate the color/quantity of light that would have hit our eye on that pixel if it were a real scene.

Doing this on Roblox is pretty easy because the collisions of the rays are handled by the engine, they don’t have to implement that part themselves which is arguably the hardest part. You just cast some rays, collect the results of that, and plug the values that you obtain into a lighting model, so it’s quite doable math-wise.

Did you see this…? :smiley:

2 Likes

You can do a lot with just the dot products between the surface normal, sun direction, and camera look direction. Things pointing towards the sun are rendered brighter. Away from the sun, darker. As the camera look vector’s reflected angle gets nearer to the sun ray’s incident angle, you brighten for specular highlights. How you map the angular difference to the increase in highlighting affects how shiny the surface appears (smaller angle cutoff, rapid fall-off = shinier). You can of course do this with any or all light sources, I’m just using the sun as an example in an outdoor scene.

Still learning blender, this is what I made during the Roblox outage this morning:

10 Likes

shade smooth + edge split that thing! it’ll look great!
source: it’s what i do

2 Likes