What are you working on currently? (2017)

Nice details dude.

4 Likes

Vaporwave meme. Thought that’s what you were going for.

1 Like

Did you say Vaporwave?

8 Likes

good stuff

May or may not have gotten a few mesh packs and thrown it all together.

5 Likes

Completes male and female rigs.

10 Likes

I was inspired by a post @badcc made a little while back and decided to give a go at scripting a minimap generator. It’s all done in roblox studio with raycasting so the process is pretty slow but I’m generally happy with the results.
minimap1

15 Likes

6 Likes

I’m legitimately working on the same thing right now. The only issue I’m getting so far is for some reason terrain is telling me the material is Air. I’ll see what I can do to fix it. Looks nice so far, hopefully you can get it to be as nice as his was.

2 Likes

I made some improvements to my minimap generator system because some people wanted me to make some images for them. A new significant change is that it’s all one pass now, and I am no longer limited by some memory constraints. I can generate basically any resolution now. Here’s an absolutely massive 8192x8192 top down render of Jailbreak with specular & diffuse shaders.

Imgur wouldn’t let me upload it without compression. I’ve never heard of this imgbb site but they let me upload the 15 Mb image without compression, so yeah lol.

EDIT: I put it in a spoiler to keep this thread from slowing down lol

EDIT2: Also here’s a 4096x4096 (small compared to the previous render) image of @ScriptOn’s new game.

18 Likes

Open source by any chance? :wink:

The only issues I’m coming across are needing to hardcode in colors for each terrain material and I wouldn’t even know where to get started with textures and shadows.

1 Like

This absolutely puts mine to shame haha

2 Likes

How do you guys manage to build such big and detailed smooth terrain maps? I feel like working with terrain right now is kinda slow with the limited tools there are, so making something like this would take several days up to a few weeks or I am missing some important terrain tool?

Suspension stuff + minimap (baked image thanks to @badcc). Roblox physics have gotten really cool the past 2 years.

6 Likes

New materials at the suggestion of Billy_Dodo.

3 Likes

mmmm… autoadjusting gui…

if only i could get text to look better :T

1 Like

Second female hair. .3.

2 Likes

HEIGHTMAP HEIGHTMAP HEIGHTMAP PLEASE

1 Like

Some less laggy buildings.

Image Spam

12 Likes

So wait is the minimap just a pre-rendered 1024p image and you use rect offset to show where you’re at on the map?