What are you working on currently? (2017)

Added some extra small details to it. I think this’ll do for now. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

homelands!

drawing each of those thumbnails took ages 8 ).

20 Likes

looks great though!

2 Likes

We’re working on a title theme for our OST
(Yes it’ll become shorter and less repetitive, this is just a rough concept)
feel free to give feedback and suggestions if you want to listen through it :slight_smile:

I’m starting to think my favorite parts are the stanzas after 1:30. We’re likely going to remove the more techno-sounding instruments later on as it doesn’t fit.

12 Likes

Intro reminds me of shrek.

11/10

4 Likes

What software did you use to make that music?

I started on yet another Zootopia place while I work out what I want to do with the Rainforest District project. Because starting a new project when you just started a different project always ends well.

2 Likes

DMV office?

“Wild Times”, An illegal indoor amusement park from an early version of the film.

5 Likes

If I had to guess, I’d say fl studio or similar.

@tyridge77 that’s a good violin sound. Jealous rn.

2 Likes

Real instruments and recording :smiley:

8 Likes

Not enough music makers on Roblox. Love hearing custom work like this. Sounds great!

I did think the first half and second half feel like two different tracks though. It goes from classical to electronic and it’s almost feeling like a genre change.

I don’t know what you plan to use the music for though, so maybe it makes sense in your situation.

2 Likes

I whipped this up in class today and i figured it would be really cool to share.

It’s a pentakis icosidodecahedron with procedurally generated raindrops. The model itself uses the beta version of Blender’s upcoming Disney shader. The HDRI used in the image originates from Adobe’s Project Felix. The program itself kind of sucks, but luckily it’s assets can be put into Blender.

19 Likes

remastering Vault City

5 Likes

Looks so awesome. Just seeing this menu makes me hyped.

Starting to script my Railshooter to actually be playable… gonna be a fun trip.

Though this kinda sucks because:

90% of the games code is stored in a place where the client can nab it… but thats kinda the point as both Server and Client use nearly identical code for most of the game.

But the cool thing is I can run 100 AI’s all firing 3 rounds a second at 45 FPS on the client with an i7 intel processor and a nvidia 660 GTX (Which I believe is pretty close to standard pc specs now?)

2 Likes

Hey @DTF you working on anything lately?

More costumes! :smile:
Accessories are still a WIP!

15 Likes

Cool.

1 Like

A randomly generated map is probably fine. I suppose it depends on how much you intend for players to interact with the map. Are there ground targets? Does the terrain affect flight mechanics (e.g. ridge lift)? Do players have to land? Will there be surface to air weapons? A procedural map could likely add these elements well, but that could be hard to balance and create realistic/engaging experiences. A premade map or set of maps can be deliberately crafted, iterated, and balanced. But if the map is mainly for show, then a procedural one could save a lot of work.

1 Like