What are you working on currently? (2017)

Damn I didn’t think that would actually work. I thought it would just flood the instruction queue forever.
Won’t this hog up other Lua resources though?

Well, half of the time (if the game would’ve normally run at 60 Hz) it would be spend nothing, but the other half should just run normally. I don’t think there’s a way for us to keep one thread at the beginning of the task scheduler’s queue.

Started building dis robot yesterday, I tthink its going pretty well. :blush:

Updated Version:

16 Likes

Finally about half done with the gameplay UI for Sound Volblox III

The video doesn’t show it, but I also had the score counter ready to go and works with the old code with almost no alteration

8 Likes

Creating content is so much more fun than backend stuff.

6 Likes

Making a space station in 3DS max.

34 Likes

Within 6 hours of my last post, I now have the full UI assembled and animated, I just need to do something about the white text sometimes blending into the background, probably just a drop shadow on each letter label.

Also throwing this in here: over the course of working on this UI all day, I occasionally got bored, so I did work on a remix of the 2P Versus theme from Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine, which was also the final boss theme of the original Puyo Puyo.

4 Likes

My place is directly based on this build I have:

I’m trying to restore this era of Roblox in a manner that is actually legal.

4 Likes

The Lua pipeline is nonpreemptive, so it’s only hogged in the sense that scripts are throttled to 30hz.

whatever this is

23 Likes

Dang… that is creative…
Now to make a frame rate limiter plugin.

1 Like

Are those frames or LineHandleAdornments (or ???) ? Can’t tell due to video compression

Inverted spinning mesh with rainbow texture?

Lizard melon man makes a cool rainbow.

They’re frames. LHA is a good idea too I suppose.

@maplestick It’s an outline object that can take any random points, build a convex hull, and stitch it together with lines. Good for highlighting things. Like a selectionbox, but prettier.

4 Likes

Dress. WIP

4 Likes

Playing around with FreeCamera after rigging an R15 Noob to my game’s Minotaur for use as a costume.
I’ve been making so many random videos with FreeCamera…

http://sendvid.com/wl90m8j4.mp4

5 Likes

That breach was suprsisingly musical

Here’s a screenshot using Future is Bright V5 on my current project.

2 Likes

tfohelmetWIP
WIP

3 Likes