What are you working on currently? (2017)

Can’t wait to see!

1 Like

Some trees & some interlocking road pieces; trying out new building styles and having a blast with color.

9 Likes

I see that Roblox logo on the trunk :eyes:

14 Likes

Color3 bricks are a godsend.

3 Likes

I really love those 3D objects, good job.

1 Like

So I like the palm tree logo a lot, but I’ve found that it’s incredibly unflexible and difficult to bend color-wise. I made a full-text version. I’m still thinking if there’s anything more I can add to it.

7 Likes

Pretty good. I think you have a good feeling going on with the typeface choice for the text. The variable stroke on the 2 on the other hand looks quite odd in the way it’s thinner at the bottom than at the top. To me it looks like a mirrored 5 than a 2:

1 Like

I ripped the ‘2’ straight from my palm tree logo for the sake of consistency. It was originally molded around the letters in that one, so that’s where the oddities come from. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just finished redoing the code for model scaling in Ultimate Boxing. Here is what they look like scaled to the height of 0.2:

And 0.05:

And 0.01:

Main thing that separates my old code from my new code is that it doesn’t rely on the minimum part size being 0.2. It is ready in the case the part size decreases again.

6 Likes

Is that a custom cubemap environment I spy?

3 Likes

Wow, you’ve scaled those boxes so well, it looks like they are designed for small members of the Formicidae family.
were there optimizations as well from the old version?

Not much more in terms of size, just another small room within the level.
Currently using this as an experiment area for adding mesh assets and exploring building ideas.
So far, I really like the use of colour for defining unique areas of a level, making them more memorable (A subjective point, but I think in terms of level design this could be used to create very distinct paths for the player).
Theres still a lot I want to add, especially to the ceiling of this area, but gameplay wise, nothing really inhibits a player’s ability to move throughout the area (Asides from the Anchored barrels and crate). Any suggestions for things to be added?
What are your thoughts on colour-based landmarks in a level?

Current Lighting

Shadow Map

Voxel Cascaded

V Short walkthrough clip

Assets and Level design (Short) - YouTube

I like how the shadow map picks up on the smaller supports and casts the dark shadow lines into the smaller nearby area, but the bloom that it comes with seems a little too excessive to justify using it. Tweaking with other lighting details can fix this, but at the cost of making the rest look a little worse.

Yah, im new to the devforum, I haven’et been posting the first week or so, but I hope to make a bunch of posts and topics. I have been a blender user for over 2 years now, and roblox characters and objects give me plenty of render ideas. Ill definitely use that noise prevention method, thanks!

1 Like

A bit but I didn’t do much testing. It is meant to be a lot cleaner and easier to add new instances to scale.

You… You… You make me want to build 1920s again…

5 Likes

Please do

2 Likes

Yes. I figure for a showcase type place, it’s fair game to go a bit heavy on textures, including a couple of sky boxes for interior rooms with shiny things in them. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

he is r e a d y

6 Likes

If a proposed offer goes through with @JohnDrinkin then I will, once more… Kinda.

Something secret, cant say more till the front end is more filled in… but man… I’ve been waiting to get here for a long long time.

6 Likes