What are you working on currently? (2017)

It’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

With love ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well I started learning Blender after Slingshotjunkie and I spoke about 3D modeling two weeks ago or so. Watched a few videos then attempted to make a sword which I never finished, it’s like… 95% complete…

Theeen I decided “hey, I should try to make that fighter I found on DeviantArt years ago!” So I got to work and this is how it looked:

Then Blender crashed and the files got corrupted soooo I lost everything.

And since I lost that lovely creation I decided to learn how to make low poly characters so I made a cute little girl:

But wait! The best has yet to come! A few minutes ago I finished my latest blender creation! A serial killer mushroom! That’s right!

then blender crashed and wiped my texture so I just got the mesh and UV map now :joy:

16 Likes

cc @maplestick

Looking cool man!, are you using a Mac by any chance? Never had an issue with crashing Blender on Windows before.

Nope, I use win7 Ultimate. Although it only crashes after like… hours and hours of use, lol. A bit tedious though. Going to see if I can find an addon which saves textures as well just in case it decides to crash on me again.

Oh, so I’m guessing you don’t save the textures every few minutes? (As Shift+S saves the file, not the image texture)

1 Like

No when my creative mind runs free I’m usually not paying attention to other things than to create. Besides… I’m spoiled by ROBLOX which got my ROBLOX studio saving every 1 minute or so.

:joy:

2 Likes

Same, although after I lost a bunch of files because of not saving and getting really frustrated, I got into the habit of saving

1 Like

You know how sometimes you don’t feel like doing something so instead you do something completely useless?

I do.

Edit: I really need better ways to manage my time.

1 Like

Experimenting:

5 Likes

How did you handle keeping the player to the surface?

1 Like

https://i.gyazo.com/ace464b575c56747db83ed90e06526e8.png

14 Likes

hooray! another one joins the blender ranks!
video link because embedded seems to be broken

1 Like

Made a new artwork called “HYPER DISASTER | Mech”
Its supposed to be an idea for survive the disasters 2 :slight_smile:

Any tips would be great because im still a newbie :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I connected up the subway stations in the two places with a teleporter. You can now go from one to the other just by walking inside.

Also, I remodeled an old pickup truck model I had to blend in better.

And finally, not an update, but related to the source material, I was looking through Roblox’s (The user) models to try and find the place teleporter for some of the scripts, and I stumbled upon these two instead.

… Are you two okay? You don’t look quite right…

5 Likes

Did ROBLOX do a Zooptopia event? owo

Yep, Maelstronomer built the place for it, which is still up without the branding.

1 Like

That version of the ability had a duplicate player really high in the sky standing on a rotated version of any part the “real” player touches by using this. Pressing any of the arrow keys would move this duplicate player instead of your own player, and your own player would be moved using some world and object coordinate magic. The system would find the object coordinates of the fake player relative to the rotated part, and then move the real player to those coordinates transformed to world coordinates relative to the real, unrotated part.

This worked, but it was spotty and unreliable at best. Now I’m working on a new version that does it correctly without any hacky solutions. This new version sets the player’s CFrame directly using the player’s humanoid’s MoveDirection rotated to match the current surface normal using this math.

1 Like

Made this cool little animation in studios to accommodate the new Roblox logo, I think it turned out pretty good :smiley:

30 Likes

when can we download it???