What are you working on currently? (2017)

How are you calculating the vision cones?

1 Like

breaking studio in style

6 Likes

Could do it, yeah. But that might be a little too crazy.

1 Like

I think that flash of your background with the mug saying “Hardly working” is really fitting.
Love the video.

2 Likes

Haha, I’m a horrible skinmaker, this is one of my first times tackling uv unmapping an object. I heard about not using halloween a bit late, (its a bit similiar for me too). Congrats on the update too :smiley:

I’ve figured out how to turn 2D images into 3D models!!! No bump maps, just pure 3D!!! This opens up a whole world of possibilities and projects for me

I could take a picture of my self and give my hair some streaks and give my siblings a heart attack! finally!!! :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

jokes over, I honestly think this could be pretty nice. Im using this to now provide my pictures with different colour materials and different material types based on the height of the object, although later, I could take a picture of a shaded mountain, and then have it nearly recreated completely! How awesome would that be!

I used @badcc’s pfp for the first one, and a random face image for the second.

The nodes:

3 Likes

Untitled
:scream:

7 Likes

:smiley: the actual 3D view

2 Likes

https://i.gyazo.com/523ebad0512849df8bcbce5a68a5d72b.mp4

Spooky server-side ghosts allow KC to account for latency without trusting the client. Making Knife Capsules exploit-free one step at a time.

7 Likes

In short, first it fires a ray at the player, to see if it has a direct line of sight.

then… well, i think it’s simplest to just show a basic version of the code.

DistanceToPlayer = GetDistance(EnemyHead,PlayerHead)
Point = EnemyHead.CFrame*CFrame.new(0,0,DistanceToPlayer)
DistanceToPoint = GetDistance(Point,PlayerHead)

if DistanceToPoint<=DistanceToPlayer/2) then
    print('I See You')
end

the main problem is how the AI is simply a loop of Spot, Engage, Chase.
and since the head doesn’t track to targets it tends to “lose sight” of you when you stand right in front of it.

If you’re always calling it it gets a lil expensive, instead of doing that try;

• Detecting if we’re in range (Pretty inexpensive calculation)
  • Detect if we’re inside a pre-specified angle (Again, this calc isn’t too expensive.)
  • Then ray cast

Also, if you’re checking from Head-height, you’ll lose the player frequently, you could try viewing from a median point between the head and the root, that way it should still ‘see’ players if they jump up from behind cover.

You can also do some funky stuff, like tell the NPCs that once they’ve seen the player, they no longer need to search for them using Raycasting (If this was a stealth based game, you could keep raycasting, but use a global reference to the most recent sighting of the player and use that as a point of reference for all your NPCs.) Or even just reduce the amount of times the check is made.

I’m in the same boat, finding the right way to do the specific checks and actions without stressing the game out is hard, but you’re making progress! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working on a full atmosphere for RoVerse’s planets.

https://gyazo.com/cbaa53f34798debb340652c30ec83fc8
https://gyazo.com/0d510e21e28b38ea84fe2e6ec3301553
https://gyazo.com/b1e305d3b28c16ab77e9d989be6258cf

25 Likes

Guess i’ll post an update picture of my factory thus far :eyes:

18 Likes

Looking good sp00ky boi.

1 Like

Thank you good sir.

One more before i get back to work. Just woud like to point out this is 100% in studio. no post processing.

7 Likes

Been busy with life stuff, so here are some screenshots of some old projects.

Screenshots

12 Likes

Woah. Is there a link to that second one? I MUST see it ingame.

1 Like

It looks like it is using the Future is Bright demo that Roblox released during RDC. You would probably have to be sent the place file and open it using that version of Studio otherwise it wouldn’t look as impressive.

I’m just talking about the building, I don’t care as much about the lighting. Thank you for the advice though, very much appreciated :slight_smile: