What are you working on currently? (2017)

I dislike that H in the header. Nothing to do with the actual design, just the font itself annoys me.

4 Likes

I agree with @dekkonot, the comic sans like font is kinda weird. What type of game is it? Other than that I’d say add a drop shadow.

1 Like

@dekkonot @ScriptOn
I still want to be vague with the game details right now since I’m still kind of experimenting, but lets just go with a “survive the disasters”. It’s going to be more comical feel to it, so that’s why I went with the cartoon font. I’ve gotten a few comments about it, so I’ll just throw out the font.

Does this look a little better?

Very much so. :smiley:

1 Like

I have the basic shell of the actual “Wild Times” building built, somewhat.

The roof’s going to be rather interesting to build, not sure I have the angles right on the guidelines I built, they’ll probably be re-done before I build the roof.

Another thing, I just had an idea about this project, and I was wondering if it’s something I should do or not.

Basically, I can’t work out how to block off the edges of Wild Times, so I’m thinking of combining it with another cut area from the concept art, “Happytown”

The existing buildings I have will probably have to be re-done, but since there’s only three finished background buildings besides the clinic and the warehouse which are both works in progress, I think it’s manageable. Thoughts?

8 Likes

Appeal Card Generators are here! (…kinda, they’re not done yet)

The Omega generator will only become available when you clear Omega Mode; the rest will be available any time you have enough Volts saved up to power them.

3 Likes

Experimenting with my new plane system…

Not bad for only 30 minutes.

3 Likes

Lee Enfield Mark V Jungle Carbine
octogonal style building

4 Likes

Started a new secret side project. Here’s day 1 of progress.

Roblox terrain water truly can be astonishing

1 Like

CARD GET!!

EDIT: Now with sound (and on YouTube)!

2 Likes

Just wondering, are you going to replace the old Roblox “R” in the menu tiles with the new square in the final version, or are you going to do something else fancy as a pattern?

Also what do these cards do :open_mouth:

Oh no you’ve also caught the curse of secret side projects

1 Like

I’m planning on maybe having the Sound Volblox ‘S’ in the center hexagon, while the new-style ROBLOX letters take up the hexagons around it.

The cards act as collectible profile images that you can use to represent yourself in multiplayer matches. Each card comes with one greeting, challenge, and friendly quote to be used before the match starts.

1 Like

Relevant:

10 Likes

how much cash does it take to fill a bathtub?
https://i.gyazo.com/30525b43ada441441a2ecb079ee17aa3.mp4

3.3 million verts. 2.3 million faces, 4.7 million tris.

even with a GTX 1060…

but it’s so worth it

7 Likes

2 Likes

Add an AO pass in the compositor, it’ll look lovely ^^

how about that, it did

1 Like

Haven’t posted any builds in a while. Speed build I did last night, might make a showcase with it if I have time :slight_smile:

(I just smashed the trees, planes and terrain in from previous projects to make the scene. Speed build was the building(s))

23 Likes