What are you working on currently? (2017)

Would be pretty neat to check out in VR :swag:

Make sure to put one of the aircraft on the ground!

1 Like

This explains my life :frowning:

1 Like

Call me cheap but, I would if just saved my PC’s life by putting a plane in the tub a little under the lip and filled it that way :wink:

Actually, I wouldn’t even bother putting money in the tub but somewhere else.

1 Like

Bunnies with custom controllers and inverse kinematics

10 Likes

Started thinking to myself “wtf is this game?”

Then I clicked on the link and the thumbnail explained everything.

6 Likes

Ears need spring joints

4 Likes

soon™

3 Likes

it seems roblox rolled out an update where you can’t just put the camera somewhere when you’re done in studio anymore, but now you have to spend robux if you want your game to have any kind of icon from the default stuff…

lovely

The Legend of ROBLOX: Breath of the Pwner

PS: This was all made in ROBLOX Studio! :smiley:

8 Likes

This is what happens when creator of sinking ship simulation makes tycoon-style empire expansion game.

Multiple people on each tycoon work together to further the civilization.
The world tilts up for the civilization that has more power (more buildings upgraded)

If your civilization collapses into the ocean below, you lose. (happens when the slope is around 31 degrees -very easy to change if needed)

The tilt allows for interesting dynamics on the edges of the map, where special rare resources can be placed.

(red side tent being blue was glitch from week ago)

Upgrade buildings with resources collected mostly in the middle of the map, where fights will break out.

Working on this with @NoahWillCode :smile:

And for fun here’s something I drew up with charcoal

22 Likes

Had some fun with ragdolls… Maybe a bit too much fun. Managed to get 100 of them running without problems by anchoring them once they have been still long enough:

Unfortunately this didn’t work quite as well online :frowning:

5 Likes

I’ve got the basic structure built for that long abandoned suit store in one of the “Happytown” concept art images I posted earlier. Just needs windows and doors, plus graffiti and posters. Not sure that I can actually name the shop the same as the art because it might be mistaken for an actual name.

Making everything overgrown is going to be interesting to do, natural stuff isn’t exactly my strong point. I tried a mesh but that didn’t look quite right, too thick for blades of grass.

5 Likes

A long time ago I made a simulation where everything overgrows and a city block transforms into some hills, that concept from the history channel has always been interesting to me https://www.roblox.com/games/5451982/Life-After-People

Day 2 of secret side project is over. Spent a large part of day 1 figuring out how roblox constraints work. totally not a hint at what I’m making Today I spent a surprising amount of time making any sized model click onto the 1 stud grid using a hitbox method thingy (I’m terrible w/ math). The rest of the time I worked on the new engine block and animation/effects for it and the GUI animations and stuff. Trying to keep the gui stupid simple because the complexity in the game comes from the users creations, so the GUI has to be very understandable for large-scale and complex projects.

2 Likes

Doing some very early experiments of what might become the framework for my raving game.

Ideally the goal will be to allow me to bind keys to several visualizer effects, record those actions, and then use those recordings to make epic lightshows. There will be many more components than just this.

3 Likes

Something you may want to experiment with is a higher BPM song. LRAD is 128 BPM according to a quick Google Search, and something like Muzzy - The Phantom (feat. High Maintenance) is 175 BPM, again, according to a quick Google Search. Was thinking of that song as the music video is a rave party, and you mentioned you finally discovered Muzzy on Twitter.

Speaking of music… started a somewhat large project to re-familiarize myself with Photoshop. I will take a break and hopefully finish it throughout the weekend. Probably going to be the largest image on my computer as the document is 48 inches by 36 inches at 300 PPI… or 14,400 x 10,800 pixels.

1 Like

Added an item selector as well as an NPC selector to my engine editor tools to make the life for others in my development team easier.

Here’s a demonstration of how both work.

http://a.pomf.cat/fkqerr.mp4

Also started work on an NPC editor not that long ago, progress is pretty good so far.

http://a.pomf.cat/vhnczi.mp4

Will include a very simplified version of the character creator under the appearance tab using Module3D soon ;).

7 Likes

i made some legs that walk

10 Likes

Figuring out Highways. Made an overpass with offramp and onramp support!

10 Likes

OpenGL with really messed up shaders!