What are you working on currently? (2017)

Don’t worry, I have nothing against you and your style of building! It’s just that I wanted to make a cartoony-styled building, without making it look too much like MeepCity or your building style.

1 Like

Aye, you’re all good. :slight_smile:

:smile::pray:

GIF version!

4 Likes

looking into smoke for that long isn’t very healthy

Who’s up for a party?
image.jpg

8 Likes

that’s a really cool use of flat shading on the sphere!

3 Likes

Huh, who’d of thought the requirement for a game icon would have made me motivated to make one…

first version:

after some suggestions from @PlaceRebuilder (thanks fam)

And then a thumbnail for Asteroids because… it’s my only actually “finished” game

7 Likes

1 Like

Just finished the new lobby for Fun Run. Coming soon with a huge update. It’s a lot of parts but most devices should be able to handle it, just not as good looking on some.

10 Likes

Since Fun Run only has the camera at a single side angle you can probably turn the chairs into decals o3o

This is a lobby, not a map.

…whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Day 3 of my game! I spent a lot of it working on the ‘Configure Seat’ gui and I modified the lift to have move up/down arrows as well as 1 stud more on z-axis length. Also wheels, seats, and axles :smiley:

Here’s something I built completely in-game. I have yet to do proper collision checking but I think I’ve nailed placement.

Here’s the GUI I worked on. Not scripted, but it gives a pretty good overview of what’s going to happen.

Again, the cars are custom built, so you can make whatever you want. I think tomorrow I’ll be adding in servos (aka you can rotate your front wheels to make it drive left/right) and begin working on making the object itself a physical movable part that uses no cframes.

Here’s a rough early flowchart of how things’ll probably work. The seat (wasd keys or whatever keys you bind) will do a couple of things (this is just how my car is going to work, there are an infinite number of ways to make your car move and stuff):

• Seat is connected to both the engine and the servos (the part that makes a wheel turn left/right)
  • Engine is connected to the axle (the part that makes a wheel spin and thus the vehicle moves)
  • W/S power forward/backward the engine, which uses it power on the axles
  • A/D moves the rotation of the servos things (turn left/right)

So yeah, pretty simple but I’m still excited to get it working, more excited to see players use it ( and what they create), and even more excited to add things like lazers and jetpacks which will let you create hovercrafts and other flying objects.

6 Likes

Nintendo Switch

I decided to make a Nintendo Switch today because I wanted a change of pace. It is lacking some detail in the back because I was having trouble with corrupted unions. I think it turned out really good to be honest.

Also, it may be a bit odd to ask this, but could you possible retweet this?

15 Likes

More work on the storefront. Next thing to do is detail the 2nd floor.

5 Likes

Welcome to Holiday Castle!

9 Likes

What happened to KC?

1 Like

3 weeks straight of 3+ hours a day took its toll. I’ll be back to it in a few days.

In the meantime atrazine is working on the first massive outdoors map, wuttah3ll is working on a tank and Oshkosh humvee, Vordonzon is working on a SMAW rocket launcher, IDontHaveAUse/Lietris are working on weapon skins, and pumpkinwhite is working on a set of 4 new and unique armor sets to replace the one set we have now.

There’s still tons of progress being made :smiley:

1 Like