What are you working on currently? (2017)

State-of-the-art Nintendo 64 tree-rendering technology

9 Likes

I’m currently working on a level editor plugin to allow for a really quick way to create basic level outlines.

I started making a level that didn’t use right angled corridors, and it looked horrible, getting different sections of the map to line up accordingly with others after looping back from a seperate area kept being off by just enough to be infuriating.
It also didn’t look too great.
With this plugin, I’m essentially creating a method of making an easy way to make angular level design without having to spend too long jumping between plugins.
(The fill feature is really unoptimized at the minute, its filling triangles and is pulled straight from the wiki. I’ll be adding the ability to fill between multiple nodes and break the floor into its minimal possible wedge/part mixes.)

I’d like to add a ton more features to this to help other devs out, but at the minute all this can really be used for is creating a draft of a level. I’m working on being able to change floor heights and depth at the minute, any other suggestions for basic utility would be a great help!

15 Likes
1 Like

Finished some early work on the Nebulas

10 Likes

The mall grows, for some reason this theme was really hard and I’m still not quite sure if I’m happy with it

4 Likes

Thermal off:

Thermal on:

Yes I know that trees dont necessarily heat up lol

3 Likes

Day 6 of publicly obvious secret project. Got 8 hours in (closer to 7 since I took small breaks to play Defaultio’s new game)

Spent most of the time on this. Took me a while since I had to figure out how to make these easily readable outside of scripts + make them not break when certain stuffs happen. Hopefully it’s simple enough for you to understand. I move my mouse around quickly.

http://i.imgur.com/Cf4J3oU.gif

Engine config. Pretty excited to see this get put to use.

http://i.imgur.com/Q8H6Xgc.gif

Connections. Spent way too long animating this thing. You’ll be able to do things like connect the engine to the axles. It’s either doing it like this through a separate GUI, or making it work with input-output system where the input is the engine and the outputs are the axles being powered. It seems like that could get tricky but I guess I’ll think over it tonight. Which would you prefer?

A: Have the connection between engine → axle work like this orange GUI shows. When you click ‘connections’ you can see in workspace lines connecting parts and you click ‘connect’ to make new connections. If you do it this way, you’d have to click ‘Connections → Connect → Engine → Axle’ to connect the engine to the axle.

B: Use the same method I used in the gif above, with inputs and outputs. If you do it this way, you’d have to click ‘Seat → New Input → Engine → New Output → Axle’

Tomorrow is day 7, my final day to work on the game (it’s another one of my one-week projects) and get a prototype out to see how well it works/if it’s fun. Hopefully I’ll get controls working so you can actually drive your vehicle and a simple vehicle save, where you can respawn your vehicle from lift-mode and save/load multiple vehicles. Also gonna add a ton more parts since it’s the last day and I want to film a youtube video of me making a pretty cool car.

15 Likes

Is anyone else getting vice city vibes

2 Likes

I’d suggest in the engine settings, the higher you set the speed the lower the torque goes, and vice versa

1 Like

Been designing some unique items named by rbxdev members

11 Likes

you can add a colocorrection with a saturation like 50 to get some kind of thermic effect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Space potatoes! :smiley:

When you try to simplify a complicated data storage system with tables but end up making it more complicated

v[2][1][string.lower(v[3].faction)][2] = v[2][1][string.lower(v[3].faction)][2] + amount
2 Likes

In a way, yeah, just took my previous theming and focused more on making “night time Miami sleaze”

The UI is so cool! I don’t know how to describe it but those statues on the hp/mp vials give them that strange old-schoolish vibe.

1 Like

Thanks! Never done any graphics whatsoever so it was a struggle molding the UI on paint.NET :slight_smile:

https://rogueamoeba.com/freebies/soundflower/

https://gfycat.com/RareThirdEmeraldtreeskink

It’s a small cool detail :wink:

2 Likes

I would recommend OBS myself. It is free, works on OS X, Windows, and Linux, supports using QuickSync and the dedicated GPU, and has a lot more useful features.

2 Likes

now make a version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-year Door

pls