What are you working on currently? (2017)

I forgot to post this awhile ago.

meteors

6 Likes

Clearly this man has not seen the previous posts :joy:

6 Likes

Day 7: Only 7 hours of dev today but I did manage to get vehicle controls working!

Don’t wanna share me driving yet here since I’m making a proper youtube video for it tomorrowish. Here’s the first vehicle that was ever driven in my game! I added a new ‘pivot’ part that just rotates when you power it forward/reverse so steering works quite well.

Perhaps the coolest part about today was how much I was able to physically customize my car and see the changes in real time. You can turn the front/back wheels into ‘Neutral’ and make a Rear-Wheel Drive/Front Wheel Drive vehicle if 4WD isn’t your style.

Configuring the engine is kinda neat, too. Speed doesn’t really effect anything, but torque is hella fun. If your car is really heavy you’ll need more torque to get moving. Add too much torque on too light of a car and you’ll lose control and spin out quite fast.

Learned quite a bit about how springs effect vehicles, too. There’s the obvious stuff like more weight → needs higher power springs, but then there’s other stuff like…

The new constraints are seriously awesome. The car has this cool 'tilt-y’ness to it when taking tight turns at high speeds.

I also learned a lot about center of gravity. This is variant 2 of the vehicle that first drove. The first one had a lot of metal on it which rose it’s center of gravity. I flipped a lot with it. I removed the metal, lowered the engine and the seat by a stud, and now I don’t have any issues :smiley:

Since the input/output system is working really well now, I can easily add in new parts as outputs/inputs, like jets! I attached them to the car for now for added (near-instant) thrust and they work pretty well.

They’ve obviously got some settings so you don’t accidentally flip over just by activating them:

Same goes for pivots. I really like giving the user control over things :stuck_out_tongue:

Believe it or not, this thing actually drives fairly well. I had to make the front thrusters more powerful than the back ones for tailspin reasons, but still…

Tomorrow I’ll spent like 20 minutes adding one more part then I’ll make a youtube video to showcase my 1-week project :smiley:

P.S. Every vehicle I’ve shown was made in-game.

9 Likes

You should totally add a repulsion pad: the pad emits a raycast in its local down direction, and if the ray hits something, a force is applied along the surface normal proportional to the distance the surface is away from the pad.

2 Likes

I’ve seen so much cool stuff in the last 24h and realize I’m doing an aweful lot of nothing

Will we be able to make podracers? :smiley:

(Seizure warning)
An entire playthrough of Sound Volblox’s Omega Mode on Autoplay, showing off the improved(?) full spin, based now on elastic motion as opposed to a simple decay.

• Full-spin changed from decay to elastic

• New particle effects for a successful slam note

• Hi-Speed option can now be adjusted from 1.0x to 8.0x

• Omega Mode will need adjusting

2 Likes

Filtering was getting annoying on the forums:

2 Likes

So i’ve made this tombstone in Blender. The baking went pretty smooth and the texture looked great.

I wanted to see what it’d look like if i put it in Studio. So i added one tombstone. Then i added another. And another. And another. Now i have 100.000 tombstones.

To my surprise, these 100.000 tombstones had no impact on my frame rate whatsoever, and everyone who joined said the same thing! This is great news to me as i’ve always wondered how far i can go with these meshparts. Hopefully other developers will see potential in these and use them more often as well.

You can check it out here:

8 Likes

Latest rendition of the Apocalypse Rising 2 logo. It’s not where I want it to be yet, but I think I’m getting there.

24 Likes

That’s actually what the proximity detector is for.

It emits a signal based on distance hit. Add it as an input, and a jet as an output. Now you’ve got a hovercraft.

1 Like

Apparently having a minimalist-cartoony style instantly makes something MeepCity lol.

No one would say it looks like MeepCity if it didn’t look like MeepCity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently finished Q-CLASH soundtrack. I want to share with you the Outro track I did, with the link to a sneak peek :slight_smile:

SoundCloud link to a sneak peek of the track!

Also here’s a FL Studio 12 composing view for those who are interested!

http://i.imgur.com/ZPonDAT.png

4 Likes

January 2007!

2 Likes

rip

100? Pssh
You should see our forest

Octagonal Beretta M9 Pistol WIP
Needs

• Hammer
  • Internals
  • Magazine
  • Coloring
  • Sights

i make guns

4 Likes

It’s 100,000. Some countries use a . instead of a , for number placing.

What do they use for decimals then? :open_mouth: