What are you working on currently? (2017)

I think they use a comma.

I guess it’s like writing the day before the month in Europe, and the other way around in America.

@Crykee @tyridge77 We use a . for every 3 extre digits a number gets (100, 1.000, 1.000.000), and a , for decimals (9,75, 16,666).

1 Like

Isn’t that a little weird? AFAIK both dialects use commas as a separator for lists e.g. apples, oranges, bananas. Instead, they’re used as terminals in numbers, and “full stops” are used as separators?

It looks weird to me that americans use a , for thousands seperators. I guess you kinda get used to what you grow up with.

One benefit of 12.345,67 is that the comma is usually more prevalent (i.e. takes up more viewing space) in written text compared to the dot so you can spot the separation easier. In other words the difference between full numbers and the decimal part is deemed more important than the difference between ones and thousands, thousands and millions, etc.

:smiley: awesome

looks a bit like path of exile ; gorgeous (:

1 Like

Iam just working on a Tatooine Roleplaying game :wink:

12 Likes

Month day year does make sense if you say it out in a sentence, e.g. January 23, 1996

MeepCity uses a generic cartoon style that many other games prior to it have used, such as ToonTown. It’s a style of art, and not one owned by a specific game on Roblox of all things lol

I don’t recall saying the style is owned by HolidayPwner, I was simply stating they look similar. It wasn’t an insult, waffle should take it as a compliment, MeepCity is very nicely put together.

The onion fairy has arrived…

2 Likes

If your still doing it

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thought those might help. But I have no doubt you already have this information.

Good luck on your project.

Thermal things:

7 Likes

Here’s a longer version of the video. Twitter limited me to 2:20

18 Likes

Doing some animation in Adobe Animate (Flash professional for ya’ll oldies)
It’s for my course at Uni, audio will make it much better. But I am happy with my work so far :slight_smile:

We’re making a living book, so basically combining OO programming with animation.

2 Likes

Reminds me of GTA for some reason. Looks great thought.

That’s why I like to do just 12 000,65 or 12 000.65, then they are the same thing to everyone and noone thinking can have trouble with reading it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice.
Shouldn’t it be named Night Vision? Doesn’t look so thermal to me.

You are correct in that the green tone gives off a NVG type feeling, but in reality my thermal camera thing only will “paint” objects that are “heated” like vehicles with engines running, or players running around. Vehicles that are sitting will give off less of a heat signature as time passes, same with players who dont move. My system is not perfect and in reality is far from how a thermal camera actually works in real life but it does give a feeling. And we are talking about kids here… More here if interested: http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/view/?id=30052

2 Likes