What are you working on currently? (2017)

I’m pretty confident you can simply export the generated rig data to Maya using FBX/MD5, then in Maya animate, when done, bake the animation (to keys), then import that back into Blender again (MD5?).
Can probably streamline that process fairly easily too, as Blender has a very intuitive command line interface to automate such tasks.

(such export/import options likely require some manual fixing, though, the Blender script currently does additional stuff besides simply importing some data, which probably do not export/import well into Maya)

I literally thought that’s a real built set.

1 Like

I’ve been working on this game full time for well over a year. I reuse as much as possible, although I could probably spend a month refactoring certain things and trim maybe half of it. The system is designed for massive scale; ModuleScripts and other data only replicate when the client needs to use them. I’ve written scripts for LOADS of things, to name a few: character physics, chat replication, tree swaying, map spatial partitioning, character spatial partitioning, house building/wall cutting, container/door animations, custom cursor hit detection for guis, custom scrolling frames with touch scrolling, custom character controls. Don’t worry, I have a cohesive set of patterns that I reuse in all of my scripts so they aren’t all ridiculously repetitive, although they’re still far from superdense random noise.

I’ve been thinking about writing my own language for things like character/pet appearance logic. I definitely would if I could customize syntax highlighting somehow, or if string values had their own text editor.

I also have quite a bit of code for exporting/compiling/simplifying/obfuscating the game before I publish to the site. This is what my script simplifier looks like:

Most people use my game to RP, but there are still loads of things I want to add; Shard Seekers isn’t close to complete :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Bs, that is an actual lego set! You cannot fool me!

7 Likes

That… That’s witchery… ;-O

1 Like

got bored, wrote my own character physics

(click to play)

85 lines of code (including blank space)
fite me, @Tomarty

3 Likes

I’ve “quit” roblox at least three times since I’ve started playing. It always sucks me back in lol. Anyways This is what I’ve been working on since I’ve been back (I re-downloaded studio yesterday lol)

https://gfycat.com/FriendlyThunderousBluebird

I guess you could call it a “tribute” to bomberman. I definitely drew inspiration from it. I don’t know if I’m willing to make a full game out of it, but I do this it’s an interesting concept

5 Likes

I was commissioned by @WhoBloxedWho to model a modified R15 Model a few months ago.

-Knee UVs no longer show the feet texture (same with elbows and hands) and less Z-Fighting occurs.
-Bevels match the R6 bevels instead of the inconsistent R15 ones.
-No more bevels that separate each limb

12 Likes

Getting close. Finally will be able to start the stuff people will be able to see… soonTM.

2 Likes

Are you planning on releasing it?

Yes

1 Like

Expanding off of a thread I made earlier today, I decided to implement a multiple language feature in a small little demo I made previously. The way I implemented it could probably be made more efficient.

Each player has a language value in their stats:

There is a modulescript in replicatedstorage with all language translations indexed via the 2-letter code of the language and script names:

Each script that needs to translate some text requires the module and recovers the right text by using the language value of the player and the name of the script:

All it takes is to change that value and the game will change the language for you!

4 Likes

Tapu Fini, our beauty of the seas, has arrived!

2 Likes

:ooo This is awesome :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll probably build Tapu Bulu/Koko soon too! ^^

Are you working on a project? :wink:

I’m hyped to see your next models :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, I’m probably going to do nothing with those models

well, I would love to give them to the PBB team, if they want them. Idk though, they have quite a lot of builders in their team who might be able to build them too

Yeah they do have alot of builders for this, but I’m sure they could accept yours :stuck_out_tongue:

Please publish this soon! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

have my babies :baby: