What are you working on currently? (2017)

Just finished my lab work for my Data Structures class. Some simple recursive pathfinding in C++.

2 Likes

My second 3D model(finished - 4 images)

I’m starting to get into it and having a lot of fun

Don’t judge at how terrible it is :joy:

4 Likes

Come on my dude, don’t me hard on yourself, looks like a pretty good model to me

What algorithm? Good ol’ A*?

Thanks :smile: I guess I just have super high standards for myself. It’s not terrible but there’s a lot I could learn from and do better

1 Like

I have reached a point where my lack of self confidence makes me not do certain things i want to try, because i know i won’t be able to make them as good as i want it to be.

IT SUCKS

Don’t fear failure, embrace it.

You learn from your failures, so if you don’t fail you won’t learn.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out how to determine when a player starts and stops holding a gamepad thumbstick. I just got my new xbone controller in the mail and I quickly realized Roblox doesn’t tell you when a player starts and stops holding the thumbstick, only when it moves. :ok_hand:

So the only conclusion I came to was that I have to have a table hold a value of whether a certain direction is being held(based on the angle of the stick) and check it every time the stick moves? I only want to know when they start/stop holding the stick in a certain direction. If anyone came up with a better way, please let me know because I’m struggling!

More on my work in progress laboratory:

10 Likes

27 Likes

This example actually isn’t implementing A*, or any actual pathfinding algorithm - it was a really simple assignment that had us always moving toward the origin, meaning we could only travel left and up. The lab was mainly to get us used to working with recursion.

Full details:

1 Like

Helped my friend who made this cool thumbnail for our game! :octopus: :smile:
thumbnail.png

2 Likes

##Monarchy

Making a new game with @anon89973268 , practicing a new development process. Trying to maximize speed and quality.

We’re remaking a classic, and that’s all you’re allowed to know for now :wink:

15 Likes

The mystery one at the end reminds me of the Carbot Larva

2 Likes

I added more to the gun system I was working on (for secret project.)

It can now shoot and has some nice camera effects, plus temporary sound.

http://puu.sh/uAGM6/aeabcf2fe7.mp4

There was gamepad support, until I added my custom camera script. Will soon sort that out. Also, there’s a lean. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the immediate todo list (or stairs now that I look at it):

• More guns
  • Reload animations
  • Camera for gamepads
  • Replicate to other players
  • Interact with objects in the world
  • Decide whether I should add arms or not
  • Different equipment types (melee for example)
  • Replicate damage for players and other objects in world
4 Likes

I love your art style!

1 Like

Not sure if I’m finished yet but its one of my best photo real 3D models.
(Low poly and game engine ready)

Software used:
MODO, xNormal, ZBrush, Photoshop, Marmoset Toolbag

24 Likes

Those look amazing, really well done. I’m curios as to what universe you’re using those in; at which point is there a time when rebar exists but that much hand forging needs to be done. Something post-apocalyptic I’m guessing.

Reminds me of Insta-Gib Fight in the Fog for some reason.

1 Like