What are you working on currently? (2017)

I can’t seem to get scrolling frame working with UiGridLayout :’(

1 Like

Yeah I had the same problem :confused:

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/anyone-know-why-my-scrollingframe-wont-work/34028

It’s being fixed though!!

1 Like

Created a grid placement system. Neon grids look great!

Is cookie clicker still in?

Noobs harvesting some rocks. For some reason they have god powers allowing them to walk through pyramids ;O. Also rest in peace individual body colors.

Also, what’s great is that PathfindingService only works in a real world-sized map. So in order to make it work for smaller environments I gotta create my own API… fun!
(unless if I want to scale it up, calculate, then scale back down. maybe that’ll be better?)

13 Likes

Getting SO close to releasing space frontier with filtering enabled. I have it enabled on the test server already - I should be able to release it on the main server within two weeks. It has taken 5 months to convert the game so far ._.

1 Like

Do you have the a scrolling frame with a frame inside it with the grid inside?

Yes

Every person who’s given me feedback on them apart from you has been positive.

From what I gather, they’ll look better than the PF ones, so I’m not too worried.

If you’re thinking of going down that path I wouldn’t scale it up, calculate, then scale back down, I’d have a full sized copy of the whole thing (made of hit-boxes only) someplace hidden and do the calculations on there.

But A* is not terribly complex to implement, making your own path-finding for your noobs is the best option.

1 Like

So. True. @tenal I was able to get 200 humanoids working in a responsive matter in Demented Defense at 30fps using my own A*.

It’s so worth doing it manually. Also you learn something new, which is always nice.

2 Likes

Interesting. Why did you decide to make your own pathfinding algorithm? I’m assuming you didn’t make a bunch of mini humanoids, so wouldn’t pathfinding service have worked just fine for you?

It’s stuck to a 4x4x4 grid. If it was 3x3x3 it might have been okay, and 2x2x2 would have been perfect. Sadly there isn’t an option to change voxel size, so I went ahead and did my own AI and it was well worth it.

1 Like

Been quite interested by the concept of RPCs in network programming lately. While I think Roblox’s networking APIs are great, I prefer something much more streamlined and simplified. Thus, I whipped up a great fluent wrapper for RemoteFunctions/Events.

Looks like this:

1 Like

If you don’t like my camos and skins that’s okay, but it’s not okay to insult me over it because of that. Please get back on topic :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I find your skins aesthetically pleasing :slight_smile:
Adding content to a game is never a bad idea.

3 Likes

Lol I suck at 3D modeling still but I’m working on a sword

4 Likes

Not Roblox related, but I finished filming editing some random video.

2 Likes

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

1 Like

3d modelling is dang hard. Getting a good headshape is a nightmare. And making sure it looks good in 3d is killing me :L
*the drawing is by POLYBLUES

7 Likes

When you’ve got mad MLG noscope skills

(it’s supposed to tween into place, gyazo messed it up)
5 ingame studs = 1 meter in this game soooo. that’s a shot from a little over 2500 studs away.

1 Like

5 hour dev stream today. Managed to somehow only work on Kinetic Code GUI today after taking a short break from it.

Here’s an early version of the Case Store. Pretty happy with the final result (this is 720p native resolution (pls click to view full res gif), and the entire GUI is built to scale perfectly around this - and I couldn’t be more excited about it :smiley: )

Next time I work on it I’ll probably add a little “+10” in front of the tiers that have their odds increased to show that that specific case has. It’ll probably help a lot with showing just how much higher your odds of unlocking something are, but I think it’s going to add clutter so I may have to figure out a more elegant way to show the stat changes…

Also I figured out how to effortlessly order similar camos next to each other, so the Inventory looks much better and it’s easier to find something if you know what you’re looking for:

I’m also considering combining the case inventory and the case store. In the top-left corner of the Case icons it’ll show ‘x2’ or however many of that case that you own, just like duplicate camos in your inventory. When you click on the icon the sidebar loads with data like it does now, except there’s a button that says ‘Open Case’ which starts a small animation. Thoughts on combining this? It’d be a few less clicks and it seems like a good spot to do something like this.

My only worry is that someone won’t notice the new ‘Open Case’ button pop up after they’ve bought something, but I’m thinking of making a neat little overlay.

2 Likes