What are you working on currently? (2017)

Designed the first unique item for summoners

7 Likes

I needed some marshmallows roasted

13 Likes

I really didn’t think I’d be able to pull it off but I built a helicopter in Blender! My 2nd time trying to make a complex model.

Looks great imported into Roblox! Best feeling ever!

14 Likes

What a coincidence, i just decided to try and make some helicopter physics!

it’s not going so well…

maybe i should move away from body movers and go for something like… CFrame…

4 Likes

I discovered what a proper 3-point lighting system and my bakes have been coming out a whole lot smoother

[details=This is what used to happen before]

[/details]

8 Likes

does blender not have the ability to bake only AO shadows?

I have no idea what that is but yes
Screenshot 2017-03-14 16.22.08.png

AO darkens stuff based on the proximity of other geometry. It’s a way to give you surface highlights for objects where the lighting changes dynamically. For a chair or car, you can assume that light will generally hit the object downward, so rendering shadows with lights is fine, but for a rocket ship, light can shine from anywhere so AO shadows are necessary to give you good surface highlights without having shadows that appear where they shouldn’t.

Are you using blender cycles?
If you are, you can set the world color to white. And let roblox take care of the lighting

1 Like

Oh you mean ambient occlusion, I’ve just never seen is abbreviated before. Yeah I know what it is, and though I do want AO in my texture, I want like actual shading in their as well.

Thanks for that tip actually, I just tried that out, and it produced awesome results (although i am getting black splotches), Ill probably be doing that from now on. I ultimately want to achieve the how the textures are baked on roblox meshes, and this is looking like it.

I prefer disabling roblox’s global shadows entirely and adding meshes with AO baked on them instead. Not to be rude to the roblox engineers but i personally find it really ugly.

Like when you make something big and the shadows just flicker from dark to light when you get close or further away. Same goes for lights. Their light location also updates very infrequently from longer distances.

1 Like

Future Is Bright soon please @zeuxcg

8 Likes

Was setting up a basic stance when I hit these nice looking (IMO) lighting settings.

9 Likes

http://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-to-properly-use-hide-details/33438?source_topic_id=32228

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Working on currently (2017)

22 Likes

adjust the ray length between the models

set it to between 0.1 and 0.01, whatever works for you.

So it still has a chance at releasing before 2019? :smiley:

I use .1, but even still the blotches developed.
(only when I did it without using lights though)

1 Like

Hope is eternal

7 Likes