What are you working on currently? (2017)

Whoops

Not roblox, but:

It’s a dashboard sort of thing for my TV that I’ve been working on. It runs off of a raspberry pi that is behind the TV. Obviously it isn’t done yet but it’s not bad so far. I’m using a News API to get latest stories Reuters( there are several different sources available but this is the one I’m using at the moment)

6 Likes

I made “CSS selectors” in ROBLOX.
Allows me to use the same syntax as JQuery’s $("stuff"), but for instances:

#Workspace -- # is for unique items, which currently means GetService (doesn't error)
Part -- Checks if the ClassName == "Part"
.Part -- Checks if :IsA("Part")
[Value] -- Checks if it has an indexable member "Value" (e.g. StringValues)
	-- Mind that when you use this, e.g. [Size] matches Parts and Gui stuff
[Name=GG] -- Checks if the name equals "GG"
	-- Also included |=, ~=, *=, ^=, $= (aka all of them)
	-- Is case sensitive, but not whitespace (e.g. "[Name= GG ]" == "[Name=GG]")
	-- Checks are done by just tostring()ing the actual value and required one
	-- Could do ".BasePart[Size=1, 1, 1]" fine, but whitespace inbetween matters
Part Part -- Look for Parts that are a descendant of a Part
Part > Part -- Look for Parts inside Parts
Part > * > Part -- Look for Parts inside something inside Parts
Part[Name="Idk"]-- Look for a Part with the Name being "Idk"
	-- Having a space inbetween would be the "Part Part" thing (for descendants)
	-- Works with appending .Class and/or [prop]
	-- "Accidentally", [prop]Class works too, but obviously ClassClass is one "class"
	-- Can be linked, e.g. Part[Name="Idk"][Anchored=true]

It also parses A ~ B and A + B, but it doesn’t know what to do with it (as order of children in ROBLOX “should” be non-static. Will probably change this into “has a/no brother of that type”). Another thing on my TODO list is add things like .Part:selected for plugins (as it uses game.Selection). Will also probably do that if you use a non-known thing (e.g. Part:Anchored) it’ll look for a property and see if it’s not nil/false/’’/0. Also need to do Part:not(...) once I figure out how I’m gonna do that. Also gonna add a way to add your own #Stuff.

Another big thing on the TODO list (but not for soon) would be linking this up with an API Dump, so you would be able to use .textlabel and it would match TextLabels. (IsA() is case sensitive) Same for properties.

surprisingly efficient, as it only checks what it has to check, more or less

4 Likes

IT WORKS

Now to make downloading more elegant and make a few others. I will make a thread some time tonight.

2 Likes

What OS are you using? Or does raspberry pi come with it’s own OS meant to do stuff like this?

This song is the reason why I need to start working on my editor again and actually implement BPM changes so that I don’t have to do them by hand.

3 Likes

590 Mariner

7 Likes

I know what this is for but I don’t think the lowpoly look does it justice.

please add: Beethoven’s moonlight sonata, all 3 movements.

@Theta0

what a coincidence, i’m doing some guns in the same style…
it seems to be a popular style choice for roblox…

9 Likes

The style looks good etc but they just don’t feel right in game when you are actually playing with them…

Nice G series
I made FAL pattern rifles about a month and a half back
FN FAL & FN FAL Para

4 Likes

ENTERING THE PC MASTER RACE.

Things to do:

1. Finish gluing other side.
  2. Paint both sides to be fully black
  3. Buy another $200 USB monitor by ASUS :stuck_out_tongue:

YOU CAN GET USB MONITORS?

What’s the comparison?

Made a script that will make simple crates for models based on extent sizes:

27 Likes

Pros: Portable, power efficient, silent, light, 1-2 cables only
Cons: Expensive ($200-$350), only 798p or 1080p, no G-Sync possible, more CPU overhead, serious stuttering with NVIDIA Optimus and a 3D workload like Roblox.

1 Like

Started a stealth game as a side project. Inspired by a variety of pieces, notably thief and Tenchu.

5 Likes

What side project # is this one?
I see a lot of great work from you, but never finished.
I am sad.

1 Like

I’m more sad I assure you

3 Likes

But hey with every side project I do, I learn and become better which should progressively increase my chance of finishing a project?

:sob:

…if this was true I would have a game by now. :frowning:

I’m working on a top-down game with MyCheeze, nothing to show yet image or gif wise but MyCheeze is working on a dungeon generation script. I do however have an image to show for a plugin I’m working on:

Its for a possible group project I’m thinking about proposing once this plugin is finished, it’ll make said idea a hella lot easier for everyone to pratcipate in… In a nutshell this plugin is designed to let non-scripters be able to do what I did in my office with the ambience.