What are you working on currently? (2017)

it is true believe it or not.

Finished Minesweeper for Windows Error Simulator :grinning:

Minesweeper.gif

14 Likes

Made a city with a dock with cargo cranes and a boat among other things!

9 Likes

I watched the whole thing hoping I would see the satisfaction of victory.

That did not end well.

But very well done, I would be hard pressed to say it wasn’t the real thing if I didn’t know better!

1 Like

@sparker22 @ProfBeetle

Here’s a better outcome :stuck_out_tongue:

Minesweeper.gif

6 Likes

I may be overdoing it a bit this year for april fools…

8 Likes

Someone play with me!

6 Likes

That building reminded me this:

1 Like

26 Likes

I’ve added something to my “CSS selectors” (the post I’m replying to), namely “Sets”. Basically when creating a set (e.g. Selector.Set("blablabla",workspace.Map)), it’ll store the resulting stuff. It’ll also connect some ChildAdded and DescendantAdded stuff as efficient(-ish) as possible. Whenever something gets added/removed that matches the query, set.Added or set.Removed gets fired with the added/removed object. Of course, there’s a method set:Get() to get the current list. (doesn’t fire Added/Removed for objects that become (un)matched because one of their properties change. That would require me to connect the .Changed event of every possible object. Might add that as an option later, but for now? eh. “Property maching” still works when the set is created or a child/descendant is added, though)

My friend (ariscul) and I have been working on a new cherub. He sculpted it and made a normal map for it and I baked it on to a mesh and decimated it 2,662 tris

our old cherub was 8,552 tris so this is quite the improvement all around

[details=Old Cherub]

[/details]

7 Likes

Not too bad, what do you use for decimation and retopology?

I just used the blender decimator. (Ik its bad and you told me to use meshlab but I dont have time for that), but the trick is separate the mesh into sections and decimate each section separately, its less destructive that way.

I actually think blender’s decimator is pretty good. I decimated a textured mesh from like 80k to 20k polys with barely any visual difference. (For this guy) https://imgur.com/a/1wS23

I used to use MeshLab but for some odd reason it crashes now whenever I try to export a decimated mesh lol

1 Like

Trying to find new “hidden” developers with a Game jam :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you look under the decimator properties, I use planar and it works wonders! :ok_hand:

Those photos (the marble stairs, heavily “marked up” walls and a statue at the end) remind me of that fight in the matrix. Would be fun (and practically very difficult) to make the statue destructable, for your everydaylaw-of-physics-defying fights.

Yeah, it is pretty decent, Blender recently updated their client, and the decimate tool had an update. It used to do a really bad job until just recently, which is really good.

1 Like

What changes made the decimate modifier better than it was before? I never had any issues with it before 2.78 got released.