What are you working on currently? (2017)

Good plans are hard to come by, so make good use of them when you can:

5 Likes

y not blender?

1. blender’s user interface can kiss my butt
  2. I’m making this for free models, so having it be 1 giant mesh would make the kiddies mad because they couldn’t modify it.
6 Likes

Blender narb!!!11111oneoneoneonone!!!11!!!11

Ah I see, okee.

Totally reminds me of my naval game.

https://i.gyazo.com/db7749cb085876a15e3d8601c0db62ba.gif

7 Likes

Been delaying progress on the April 6th Kinetic Code update because I couldn’t figure out how I want the new GUI to look (I’ve thrown out quite a few drafts already) and I think I’ve settled on something I like. Here’s a sneak peek of something I got done in a few hours:

Also KC update log. Got all of this done during today’s stream. Pretty happy with how smooth gunfights are now!

1 Like

oh neato! do you have a link so i could try it out?

Here you go: https://www.roblox.com/games/105477669/Naval-Warfare-Alpha

Probably should grab a friend so you have someone to obliterate.

I’ve been messing around with GUI’s and math and I’m making some interesting things :eyes:

Waves3.gif

9 Likes

Yeah it did work fine before, but the update lets decimate support ngons. An ngon is a face or polygon that is made up of five or more sides or edges connected by five or more vertices. Anything over a quad (4 sides) is considered an ngon. So if you had complicated cuts in your mesh, decimate would not work so well with those. This is what they wrote in their release notes about the decimate tool for the 7.8 blender update:

Screenshot_1.png

I’ve been working on Haxe for Roblox slowly but surely. I’ve got the core types down; just have to port the rest of the API. I can actually do some stuff, though:

import rbxhaxe.instances.DataModel;
import rbxhaxe.instances.Parts;
import rbxhaxe.types.Vector3;
import rbxhaxe.types.CFrame;
import rbxhaxe.types.BrickColor;

class Test {
	public inline static function degreeToRadian(degrees: Float) {
		return Math.PI / 180 * degrees;
	}

public static function main() {
		var game = DataModel.instance;
		var workspace = game.workspace;
		var radius = 30;
		var y = 10;

for(i in 0...360) {
			var x = radius * Math.cos(degreeToRadian(i));
			var z = radius * Math.sin(degreeToRadian(i));

var part = new Part();
			part.anchored = true;
			part.size = new Vector3(1, 1, 1);
			part.cFrame = new CFrame(x, y, z);
			part.brickColor = new BrickColor(i % 2 == 0 ? "Bright red" : "Bright blue");
			part.parent = workspace;
		}
	}
}

This does what you’d think it does; generates a circle with alternating colors:
image.jpg

4 Likes

Came across this while working on a subdivide tool.

Im curious how many people may go blind as a result of viewing this.

2 Likes

Is it open-sourced?

I’m planning to open-source it once I’ve gotten it to a point that it’s usable for projects; right now it’s got barely enough Instance support to generate the circle - most of the API is still unbound.

Might be a good idea to automate parts of the process and have a mapping file which instance belongs in which class, especially since the API will always be updated.

But props so far!

I haven’t posted on this forum for so long that I keep forgetting that I can, haha. Space frontier is now officially running with filtering enabled, after about 5 months of converting it and a few weeks of debugging. Performance is much better than ever before, and I’ve made a lot of smaller tweaks and bug fixes to make the game much more playable. (And I fixed the bug that made pvp with high level players impossible. So that’s one of the bigger ones.)

Anyways, I gotta say, developing on something for 5 months without being able to show anybody, create anything new, or even prove that I’ve actually been working on the game has been absolute torture. Never been so demotivated to work on something before. So excited to be able to add new stuff again.

Made a plugin to place roads :smiley:
Although it’s really buggy

8 Likes

More rooms:

12 Likes

In a similar vein to @Santa_Root, here’s my personal road plugin.

Doesn’t do intersections though, that I have to do by hand lol

5 Likes

So much better than mine, I love it!