What are you working on currently? (2018)

So i’ve added some more of those “core feature” thingies…

Gui menus and whatnot…

I’ve coded the conveyors in such a way that it’s super easy for them to detect if they’re linked or not, and also allowing me to change that on the fly.

2 Likes

When will we be able to see parts moving on the conveyors :eyes:

1 Like

Most likely never.
since this game is going to be made in the magnitude of hundreds of resources (hence the item stacking) even moving parts client side would be difficult in the least.

Not to mention I’d want to like… refine gameplay and core mechanics before worrying about shiny stuffs.

Would be cool if you used beams or particles or something to visualize it. I’d imagine kids (and myself) would love it.

I mean. i already have beams for the arrows…
wouldn’t be too hard

but that would making textures for every single material ;~; which would be a lot…

“finished” the AI portion of my AI cop cars today!! Here’s what it looks like when you attach a camera to an AI cop that’s chasing a real player!

Also wrote up a post of how I’ve done this over the last 6 months.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/self-driving-neural-network-cop-cars/190323

13 Likes

This is incredible! :heart_eyes:

Currently, I’m building an exhibition center based on a real life example called ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center), but it’s slightly different than the real one.

Here is the current progress:

The idea of building this on roblox is for people to show their creations such as drawings, builds, models, etc… in 25x40 sized booths, where this massive building will have approximately 2000 available booths (200 VIP, 400 Special, 1200 normal booths).

The total area of the building is 4000x3000 studs which is 12,000,000 square studs, and because of that I have lightning issues where some areas look different

Still looking for a solution for this problem.
This is everything for now, I try to continue working on this as much as I can on weekends and hopefully it will become something people will know me for!

3 Likes

I made something that generates symmetric triangular tessellations inside a hexagon for some hypothetical strategy game, don’t know how the game mechanics should work in it

7 Likes

Search up Influence by Teremok Games :wink:

1 Like

Just made a cool end screen. At the top it would say, (after the game has ended), “Wolf Victory” or “Wolf Slain.” And below it would reward players how many coins they get from that round, and below that it would display the player’s Roblox username, the player’s role play name, their role during the round, and how they died (if they did die).

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Here’s another cool thing I whipped up. It’s a confirmation prompt for when player’s purchase something in-game.

4 Likes

Alright, redid the purchase gui to be a little bit more simple. Check it out here.

Screenshot_461

2 Likes

2005 wants their gradients back

4 Likes

Working on some basic replication stuff… only deals with one target position (x, z) which is pushed to the server when required.

Workbenches!

3 Likes

A couple of days ago I posted some screenshots of a C++ graphics engine I was working on where I showcased highly optimized lighting. Well, now I merged it into a full game. I am working with a team to make a school game project right now, and this is the (almost) end result of the graphics merge.

Some objects are drawing as black, probably because they are transparent objects being drawn in the deferred shading pass instead of the forward shading pass, and a bunch of the particles draw with the wrong color, but I’ll fix that later. Also, RIP, didn’t get an audio recording with it.

I did all of the 3D graphics work for the team (using old 2D graphics code + IMGUI stuff that I didn’t touch too).

5 Likes

I’m working on my showcase: Origins - Showcase #1

33 Likes

That looks amazing. Would be neat if you could achieve the same grungy effect with lighting instead of fog / a transparent frame that covers the screen though – it makes it difficult to see anything.

1 Like

I agree. I saw these and thought, “wow! This detail is amazing! I wish it didn’t all blend together so much so I could appreciate all the detail better.”

It might be a bit better in-game with the ability to move the camera around.