What are you working on currently? (2018)

Apparently the laser particles on @EndorsedModel’s old Laser Gate do a really cool job at looking like an invisible wall to a level. Seems like with too many particles on screen the particles near the player/closest to the camera’s view are the only ones that want show. It’s not practical (unfortunately) because of the performance, but hey bugs can still look pretty : )

3 Likes

https://gfycat.com/VengefulUnfitKitten

10 Likes

Coming to a free model near you (probably at least)!

Still need to do hands, legs, feet, appearance, and automatically grabbing body parts. There will be a post when it is done.
For those wondering: The headset and hands are the only thing dictating the positions.

13 Likes

VR inverse kinetics?

Wait…my brain is not understanding why you are not screaming that out. With this type of thing, won’t we be able to have 100% cross-play. Where other players see a character just like them, and moves soothly? This should be revolutionary!

Basically. Uses a method that WhoBloxedWho detailed here, just with quite a few modifications.

I am still not 100% sure if this project will see the light of day. Foot planting is something I have never done, and will be difficult for something like that, and there is the fact it will be incompatible with lots of experiences. Any that uses animations may break it.

Edit: Also, it will probably be 100% incompatible with R6.

1 Like

I’d be interesting to see characters with the arms/head being VR IK and the waist and lower using regular animations. basically /e dance makes your legs move, not your arm/head

1 Like

Yeah, like einsteinK said. You can make a movement system that moves the legs based on the speed of the torso movement, and animate the legs accordingly. You can even animate the legs to be edle/walking/running based on the speed. What I meant by “other players see a character like them,” you could make two versions of the character, local and global. The global would look like the normal character, and the local one would be like the screenshot you showed.

My plan is to replicate it somehow. As for foot planting, I am working on stripping down Stravant’s inverse kinematic character model to extract the foot planting code. So far, all I need is to remove the dependency of using the Humanoid (as apposed to a center part like a torso).

1 Like

I made a colour wheel! :smiley:

https://gfycat.com/ImpishAdorableCoyote

https://gfycat.com/InsidiousFabulousGuineapig

Really took me longer than it should have…

Value slider coming soon :tm:

9 Likes

Dungeon generation

4 Likes

:weary::weary::weary::triumph::triumph:

1 Like

It’s really coming along now, the core mechanics / base game is almost complete :smiley: ! Doesn’t feel like it though, I’ve been working on it for so long it feels like it’ll never be done

6 Likes

Successfully extracted the foot planting code from Stravant’s inverse kinematic characters. Results are pretty good.

@stravant You don’t have any oppositions with me using this part of your inverse kinematics characters, right?

13 Likes

So in 5 hours I went from something that works on a basic model to a full VR demo!

Unfortunately, I do need to prioritize other things. Public version may not go live for… a while…
However, I do plan to put up a demo once Version 327 of Roblox comes out (contains fix for Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets)

10 Likes

Recreation of Hotel Robloxia on the new backend & GUI is going well! Thanks to @suroot (not a dev member yet) for backend. I hooked everything up on my-side and now rooms are updated in real-time with a list of user ID’s in each room and their name ,description, favorites, etc…

Updates every 4 seconds to make sure players get up-to-date info, should scale to 300 servers or so without issues.

click to play gif

7 Likes

Working on something for @ColdSmoke

Btw, @Soybeen what on earth is going on with Booga Booga? It already hit first place on most popular, and the game is only in pre-alpha, what gives?!

Jailbreak Discord right now

7 Likes

most popular on pc*

1 Like

After 6 months of development, Project Scorpion is finally out!

5 Likes

Oh boy oh boy ohboy ohboyohboyohboyohboy. Bought and playing right now, amazing first impressions. Btw that was the 900th post GG.