What are you working on currently? (2019)

If you’re not already doing it, then you should move all of the NPC bodies from the server to the client. Have the client spawn and move the NPC bodies and the server only needs the rootpart/hitbox on the server… That’ll help a bit with performance and network load.

2 Likes

A majority of the sounds are placeholders, yes. I don’t intend on using them once the game’s production goes from making the mechanics to applying content to compliment the mechanics.
And yes, Ocarina is an inspiration for the game, but not the only one. Zelda isn’t even the only inspiration!

1 Like

Looks like the staff the cleric uses from Goblin Slayer.

1 Like

Modeling my face for my semi-non-Roblox project:

I also wrote a script (pretty much all by myself :smiley:) to help out another user on a Discord server.

It chooses the closest spawn location a player should spawn on:

4 Likes

Making assets for an upcoming Retro-Futuristic themed transportation game,
they were surprisingly fun to make.

15 Likes

Just made working tickets for an airline recently!

i had to use a free model because i am not that talented in making my own ticket scanner.

2 Likes

Thanks to some of the reverse engineering work done by the ClassiCube people, I built a clean room implementation of Minecraft’s classic terrain generator running on the new Project Vox Redux engine in Roblox:

It’s miles faster than the current Project Vox engine; I have plans for what to do with this.

22 Likes

Hi! I’m VeryRBLX! I made a cool light room that I used to make some neat little animations for Roblox avatars. The light parts are neon and there’s smoke that doesn’t rise too far off the ground. It makes for some cool things to show!

And here are some pictures of the room!

12 Likes

Placing rope loops.

40 Likes

Texture practice on a low poly jacket.

14 Likes

Impressive! Is this for a custom Rthro character?

Just a thing i did for school.

1 Like

After figuring how the heck to blend cframe values together, I managed to locally smoothen out player joint bending which looks miles better!
(Before)

(After)

15 Likes

Epic! Well done. What is the script for?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

I wrote the script only to help out another user in a Discord server who wanted his character to spawn on the closest SpawnLocation. Nothing else really :tongue:
I will keep it if I happen to use it one day.
I can also share the script if anybody wants to use it:

Script
local DistanceSpawn = {} -- table to temporarily store a Distance and SpawnLocation

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

workspace.Spawns.Spawn1.Enabled = true -- enable the primary SpawnLocation so Player has something to spawn on after launching the game

local function onCharacterAdded(character)

wait()

-- disable all SpawnLocations
	for i, spawnpoint in ipairs(workspace.Spawns:GetChildren()) do
		spawnpoint.Enabled = false 
	end

-- reset the table (don't know if you can write it with one line)
	DistanceSpawn[1] = nil
	DistanceSpawn[2] = nil

-- function to count distances to all SpawnLocations and choose the closest one
	character:WaitForChild("Humanoid").Died:Connect(function()

-- loop through all SpawnLocations
		for i, spawnpoint in ipairs(workspace.Spawns:GetChildren()) do

-- index the shortest distance and the closest SpawnLocation
			if i > 1 then

-- if the distance is the smallest so far, index the SpawnLocation along with it
				if DistanceSpawn[1] > math.min(DistanceSpawn[1], math.floor((character.HumanoidRootPart.Position - spawnpoint.Position).Magnitude)) then
					DistanceSpawn[2] = spawnpoint
				end
				-- index the distance
				DistanceSpawn[1] = math.min(DistanceSpawn[1], math.floor((character.HumanoidRootPart.Position - spawnpoint.Position).Magnitude))

-- index distance and SpawnLocation on the start, when there are no indexes yet
			else
				DistanceSpawn[1] = math.floor((character.HumanoidRootPart.Position - spawnpoint.Position).Magnitude)
				DistanceSpawn[2] = spawnpoint
			end

end

-- print the shortest distance and closest SpawnLocation
		print("The closest SpawnLocation is "..DistanceSpawn[2].Name..", it is "..DistanceSpawn[1].." studs away.")

-- enable the closest SpawnLocation so we can spawn on it
		DistanceSpawn[2].Enabled = true

end)

end

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

2 Likes

The law doesnt apply to vampires

2 Likes

I am currently working on a project called Project Roblox Racers. I want it to play like Need For Speed but child friendly. I am aiming it towards children and young adults, but anyone is welcome to play. It will be open for public testing on July 23rd 2019. The game is complete on December 21st 2019. Story mode will come out sometime in 2020.

Shadow Map Technology is really cool! :star_struck:

19 Likes

Part 9 (i think lol, damn been like a year and a half since i posted in one of these)

I don’t like to post too much words this time around, so I’ll just post some gameplay gifs of new classes I’ve been working on, some enemy AI logic, a few new maps, etcetera, etcetera. Some of these aren’t necessarily “recent”, as some are updated but these are the media I have available atm and im too lazy to grab some new footage (hopefully i didn’t duplicate anything from past parts LOL). These are all for one game.

Edit: Whoever is new to my, uh, ‘series’, this is basically an instanced-based RPG where you can go fight things with your friends. The end.

Gifs (you might need to click on these for it to work)

52 Likes