What are you working on currently? (2019)

Here’s a very quick look at Build Mode for my game, which I’ve been working on for the past couple weeks.

22 Likes

just out of curiosity, what are you using for the grid lines?

They’re just semi transparent parts

1 Like

I would recommend using a texture instance with a textureID that’s an image of a square’s outlines (or just a grid) for performance reasons.

Some new armor for my game based off Feudal Japan.

13 Likes

Got bored, made a little go kart.

Looks similar to the one CodeSleepRepeat made, shown below.

1 Like

Yeah. It was based on CodeSleepRepeat’s go kart, except the body is a little bit larger.

I am working on a Simple, Arcade Styled FPS Game. I call it : BattleGun. Its just a simple look and I like the simple look. I wanted to maintain something I could be proud of so I started this. There are still some things planned to be Added and Fixed but here is a screenshot:

2 Likes

Okay so, I know this is a bit odd but I’m modeling a nuclear reactor (BWR design) for use in a realistic nuclear power plant. (in roblox)

so uh yeah.
I’m back.

EDIT: Nothing much to look at, at the moment but I just started

3 Likes

Joke:
I guess you could say it would be a lava factory if it had a melt-down

On topic:

Made a few stations, though this is my favorite one so far, it’s built into an asteroid

Also side note, the ship in the pics are the new ship i made based off the canterbury from the expanse TV show, it’s different, but similar

5 Likes

Tired: textures
Wired: LineHandleAdornments for every single grid line

I have no idea what that does to performance, but it’s another option ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

The map should work well for my needs. Currently, all of the triangles in the distance are non collideable and also very very tiny with a mesh scaling them up. Not that I’m against removing some of the triangles but I’m not sure how I would do that without just reducing the view distance

1 Like

I’ve been working on something similar, but it’s only some chunks of code on paper. Basically, you first create a mesh of vertices, noisify their heights and then decimate every single one of them a few times. Don’t run decimation on corner vertices though.

This will only give you an array of interconnected vertices, you will have to run an algorithm that iterates through all of them through their neighbors and checking whether they were already passed. If they were, then create a triangle and stop with that path.

For your information, decimation is an algorithm that takes all the neighbor vertices and creates an approximate plane from them and checks how far the vertex in question is from that plane. If it’s too far, then ignore it; else, remove it, then fill the space by interconnecting the removed vertex’s neighbors.

2 Likes

That will be super cool. Good luck on modelling it.

1 Like

Currently working on a very large city roleplaying game. Will release as a paid access game (85R$) on July 31, 2020.

1 Like

Changed how my train move. It is way better than the previous one because the previous one can not go through a curved rail.

Credit to DevOfLua

4 Likes

Looks similar to the build mode in bloxburg.

1 Like

Sounds interesting, do you have any screenshots?

2 Likes

Oh ok, I get what you are saying. I appreciate the advice!

2 Likes