What are you working on currently? (2019)

Looks similar to the build mode in bloxburg.

1 Like

Sounds interesting, do you have any screenshots?

2 Likes

Oh ok, I get what you are saying. I appreciate the advice!

2 Likes

I’m glad I have finally found someone else, besides me, that uses Inventor for modeling :slight_smile:

Lil framework update;

I won’t lie, I think this looks dope. Still not overly happy with how the controller handles, but with how I’ve got everything set up I can change this pretty simply down the line.

EdTech framework quick notes;
  • Moved to using the correct starting launcher, this means everything I had coded at the start is actually used, as opposed to my previous version which side-stepped nearly every crucial part of initialization.

• This means I now have Controller support, Bindable Keys, as well as being able to access different controller pre-sets (These are not yet made, but are achievable here.)

• A game object with alterable properties, allowing me to change the game’s state & speed in a single location and have all necessary changes handled instantly and independantly.

• Entity system is now implemented correctly and has a new addition; PhysTics ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵉⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ. Delta based physics, entirely controllable through the game’s time configuration. Big thank you to @preacher_online for showing me his system + the application of % in lua.

Want to give it a try yourself? Play here

15 Likes

Yoo, is that slow-mo? If it is, that’s insane.

1 Like

Manipulating delta-based updates, holding down the right mouse slows time atm, releasing quickens. You can tap intermittently to maintain a speedy slow mo.

That’s pretty cool, man. Good luck on that project!

Making a strategic civilisation building game! Still very far from done but it’s starting to look presentable :smiley:

You’ll be able to build your civilisation as big as you want including unlimited units! They work hard while you are offline so you don’t have to constantly play to make progress, but be careful you may be attacked by other players when you are offline, or online, too!

Thousands of civilisations home to millions of units battling it out in one big world is the dream.

11 Likes

It’s a secret! All I’m telling you is that it’s a very large map with hours upon hours of work.

1 Like

Started work on my own Entity-Component System implementation. I guess I’ll see where this takes me

1 Like

Decided to have another go at my terrain gen algorithm. Finally got it working with hexagons!

7 Likes

:frowning:

I’ve been working on Friday Update 4 for Blox, and I just about got it out on time! :balloon::tada::sparkles:

Some of the more awesome stuff is held back for the next update due to time limitations, but that didn’t stop me from making some large strides in touch usability! (block placement is still not a thing, but we’re getting there)

Here’s some cool buttons that now appear on touch-enabled devices:

And here’s what that ellipsis button does - select block menu on touchscreens!

(using the emulator here for ease of use, but I tested on my Surface Laptop 2 and it works on-the-fly too!)

15 Likes

Apologies, received a fairly sketchy message related to obfuscation. Just erring on the side of caution. Place should be open now.

Concept poster art for Interpol
(Currently for hire…)

7 Likes

really cool pop art-ish poster, but man the alternating colors are messing with my head, especially the red and white dots and the uneven positioning of the letters with respect to the white bars.

2 Likes

I’ve been working ridiculously hard on a fully fledged C# library for creating & manipulating Roblox files.
More details will follow soon, just have a look at how much code I changed in this commit :eyes:

(Also, Large*)

5 Likes

I’ve been making a bee level for my game
also made it bigger

6 Likes

2 Likes