What are you working on currently? (2019)

Still trying to hone my animation skills. Resisting the urge to take the easy way out and copy other FPS animations styles…

8 Likes
  • Changed how I was handling weapons, now they should be easier to add
  • Sound effects are now creatable in objects or if none is applied, at points in 3d space.
  • The player now recieves appropriate damage from explosions, alongside knockback.
  • The delay between an entity exploding and damage surrounding entities now respects the game’s speed.

These are just place holder sounds, but I think they help highlight where the power of each weapon lies.

7 Likes

I’ve been working on a lot of stuff for Blox recently! It’s started to take off a bit, so I’ve been getting plenty of suggestions and bug reports. One thing players were asking for was some rendering performance improvements, so I designed and built a system to partition worlds into small pieces which can be quickly created and removed. This effect will be a bit smoother in the future, but it’s already very promising:

(this isn’t the same thing as the chunk system I want to implement later - it’s just a rendering technique on the client side, the actual server world is still finite)

10 Likes

Enemies when? I wanna see you shoot some demons not barrels from hell.

1 Like

Let’s just say here at duff beer, we’ve got a little something up our sleeves…

1 Like

A trimmed-down version of the rope plugin I was working on from a few months ago is out.

34 Likes

Doing some experiments with potentially remaking my game

Dragons will be dragons.
8 Likes

I can only think of that after seeing your dragons… What will the dragons be used for?

Potentially remaking my old game.
https://www.roblox.com/games/65007797/Dragon-Rage

1 Like

This…

5 Likes

Made one huge low poly city map in collaboration with @JukeRblx. Dividing it accordingly so it doesn’t get spammy.

Main City at Daytime

China Town at Nighttime

Not really part of the China Town aspect of this map but I thought this also deserved to be shown.

8 Likes

Another suit commission finished for KineKreature!

example12

5 Likes

Not really sure where this lobby is going right now, but I think it looks cool!

5 Likes

I brought my LISP interpreter into Roblox :stuck_out_tongue:

Screenshot_2019-08-04_18-45-39

11 Likes

New FPS approaching it’s alpha stage right now

17 Likes

Just a quick little reload animation… ft. a weapons system I’m 99% done with that I’ll show soon :smiley:

Worked on a system for chain-linking animations based on states. This means the rechamber animations plays right after the new mag is loaded (if the chamber is empty)

4 Likes

Bulky batch of audios, comin’ right up.

5 Likes

Been working on an implementation(and visualization) of the GJK algorithm to eventually be used with EPA for some fancy collision stuff. Works with any convex shape & rotation; math bois will surely get a kick out of this one :wink:

20 Likes

Live updates which try not to interrupt the user.

29 Likes

thats really cool. how have you gone about this?

1 Like