What are you working on currently? (2019)

I’m working on making an open world swordfighting/exploration game based off of the LinkedSword. The games primary feature is a KOTH where players fight to become the “Emperor”. The rewards for becoming Emperor in a server are a health boost and your name appearing at the top of each player’s screen (like the how the deprecated Hint object looks, but I’m a good boy and will use my own GUI).

Aside from that I intend to add interesting areas to explore, sword bots to fight, and collectible items you can find that spawn around the map. It’s a project I’m really excited about.

1 Like

That’s all AI? Your chess ‘autoplay’ is extremely well-made, I love it.

How are you going to go about this chess game? Is it going to have huge servers that’ll pair up players together for chess matches? This seems very interesting to me as I love chess.

3 Likes

Working on some UGC hats, can never be too ready.

Game for a better view of hats:
https://www.roblox.com/games/3674936138/UGC

27 Likes

omg is that the jah cut :weary:

6 Likes

And also been a bit secretive about this: (no reposting outside of DevForum pls)

Learning substance painter while making a custom droid, this is day 4 of using the program… each day I create a new file and restart the process of texturing to ensure I’m actually learning and as well as improving speed with everything I learn. Not going to spoil what the end result is intended to look like other then its meant to look similar to a B-1 Battle Droid, but still quite a bit different. Once finished I’ll be posting some renders and some technical information regarding the development of the droid… had to study quite a few Rthro meshes to figure somethings out in order to work with the limitations on Roblox.

10 Likes

Hello! I just completed a Loading GUI.

What it does (Spoiler you, Play it first)

It just fades in a Loading screen, teleports you to the other place and the other place fades it out. Simple

Play it yourself:

Video: (Spoilers you, Play it yourself first.)

Any simple (or not simple) feefback? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I’ve been working on Blox 0.37 - just released it to hugely positive feedback! It contains everything I’ve been posting here over the last few weeks, and all together it’s pretty epic. You can see the new player models in action!

(credit to mkhlmn1 for that photo)

10 Likes

I cannot wait to play this. It looks THAT good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quite happy with the train selection system made by me and @Drolerina!

Hide the core UI when you tween the teleport UI in. It flickers at one point and makes the seamless illusion a little less seamless.

Also after you black out the screen set the skybox to be black so when it’s visible for a split second it’s not as obvious. Same goes for loading in - make the default skybox black and load it in once the teleport is done.

6 Likes

I have never thought of changing the skybox for teleporting… good idea!

1 Like

Those interiors are so stunning! Everything looks so realistic!

1 Like

I recently decided to do some detail practice after about five months of barely using studio, and I think it’s turned out rather well.

Keep in mind the simple coloring of the model, as well as the “copy paste” nature of this is due to the fact that this is just the beginning and basic walls/floors for this project.

It started out like this

After some advice with the rails being basic, I put some work into them.
After this I decided that I liked the look of it so much that I’d make it into a full showcase, or at least work to that point.
Here’s the result of about five hours today.

Still a work in progress, any advice or criticism is more than welcome!

37 Likes

W-what, is that an entire anvil?! :joy::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Animated the logo in our title screen!
(while you’re here, please bump the tweet, thank you)

15 Likes

I actually am hiding the CoreGui before it tweens in. Can’t disable the menu.
In the Arrival place, I placed a LocalScript in ReplicatedFirst that disables the CoreGui. I will definitely turn the Skybox, black, thanks for the advice!

Personally think the elbow is too far in. Perhaps moving it a bit out so that the arm is bending to the right, while more onto the left would make it seem more natural. Otherwise loooove it :ok_hand:

Players can now paint their opponents :^).

I also updated the “fort” in the center of the map slightly and I am hoping to get a basic game mode done in the coming weeks.

6 Likes

Timelapse of menethia, my co-developer, building a base in Primitive. Alpha releasing soon!

12 Likes

I know it’s kinda been done before, but i wanted to make it cleaner/not laggy and feel like the real deal, so i put a lot of emphasis on atmosphere and controls. more of a practice thing, not a serious game, but I’m proud to say it’s the product of only two days of work and maybe 8 hours of total work (:

*using free textures
it’s just creative mode atm, double tap space to fly and build. polishing up the inventory system. water, ores, trees are all in right now and I would like to add biomes if the player decides they want a larger world size.
4 Likes