What are you working on currently? (2019)

runs beautifully even on low end computers at the moment, slab logic, torch logic, there’s doors which face wherever you want to place, etc

6 Likes

The trailer to an explorative RPG game I may make.

3 Likes

Took a break from scripting to model this Five-Seven using studio.

7 Likes

that pickup truck looks really good and has a very original aesthistic but…What do you mean by variants? Do you mean separate cars or different types of the pickup truck?

1 Like

Pickup trucks back then were generally platforms and since I like to follow automotive trends, this truck can get a stepside bed or be turned into a panel van, tow truck, semi truck, etc. It’ll be very modular.

1 Like

Working on an open-source model that makes your character’s upper body/head point to where they’re looking (works across the network too):

49 Likes

Oh, I sorta see what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying and good luck!

1 Like

This would be great, always loved the effect in games but couldn’t justify the time spent implementing it. :+1:

1 Like

A small possible addition could be creating smaller points of interest objects and having the character turn to look at them too. Say another player is walking by, turn to look at them breifly, or even standing near a click to activate button. These could make for some really cool diegetic puzzle tips!
That being said, this is looking pretty smooth as is! Nice one!

6 Likes

Sounds like something I need for my FPS Game. When will it be available ?

I’m back, back in black dark grey and brown, also bored.

so I made a droid.

https://i.imgur.com/THCUzZz.mp4

Spent a little under 3 weeks on this project, started on it before slightly RDC 2019 started and completed it on Sunday, however spent the last 3 days on animating and setting up the scene for rendering. This was a pretty fun project (up to the point of animating, which I found out I don’t like doing.) and used this as an excuse to finally sit down, open Substance Painter and learn how to use the program. I spent a week on texturing the droid alone, and a day (literally, within 24 hours) modeling, texturing and rigging the MG-42. The droid fits entirely on a single 1024x1024 diffuse texture map, with each limb taking up 256x256 sized tile of the texture, which means all 16 parts of the droid fits on the texture, it is an R15 rig but the backpack itself needs its own texture and is basically apart of the droid, so its the 16th part of the rig, although optional, and the gun is a 512x512 texture. I could actually do a 256x256 and not loose much texture detail other then the wood grain and barrel being more of a blur but for the sake of a render its pretty good.

22 Likes

GunZ. Yes you heard me right I am working on GunZ. I made a gun system for my roblox game and I decided to share it here. Here is the place you can test it out on:

https://www.roblox.com/games/3751959171/V-1-0-1

I also have lots of control over the gun. I can change the firerate which is stored in a variable as: 1 / Some number, I can enable / disable ‘Automatic-Mode’ which allows the gun to either be automatic or semi-automatic, I can also enable / disable ‘SniperMode’ which allows the gun to have a scope or not, I can also change the amount of ammo it as to start of with, I can adjust bullet range, The arms are visible in first person, there is an animation (Including a recoil animation), It has a fire sound, A custom cursor, When a player shoots an accessory (Hair for example), It will be destroyed locally on the client that shot the bullet :wink: !

And there you go lol. I just took the time to type out what I am working on / created.

Btw if there are any bugs with it then message me on the devforum

I’m currently working on a horror game based on a nuclear plant critical failure in the 80s-90s, probably it will never be finished like all my projects due to my limited scripting knowledge, but i’m sure that it will be a really good and funny experience.

5 Likes

Keep with it :slight_smile:
You could easily make a really scary game with limited scripting if you’re smart with lighting and what you let the person playing the game see and not see. Sometimes a simple flickering light and long hallway is all it takes.

3 Likes

Here’s a preview of what players will be able to build in Primitive :eyes::palm_tree:

35 Likes

A skyline using the Beam effect for an upcoming group game update!

7 Likes

Miscellaneous animations/assets for an upcoming game. :octopus:

9 Likes

Rate my little Boat :slightly_smiling_face: x/10 i maked it in roblox studio

0 voters

19 Likes

Rate my Airship: Made in blender, other feedback would be nice too

0 voters

6 Likes

I don’t have a current photo, but I am working on multiple projects for many groups. I’m redesigning the animations for a café. I’m making movement animations for an upcoming game that a group is working on. Lastly, I’m working on other eat/drink/social animations for a few other groups I work for.
I love all of the projects I’m working on and I love having this be a tradition. :slight_smile:

1 Like