What are you working on currently? (2019)

Created a simulation of hydraulic erosion on a procedurally-generated terrain!

(After and before)

25 Likes

I can’t get over the fact how cute they are :rabbit2:

12 Likes

I spent the afternoon implementing a small feature; I added the names of all (nearly 4k) early testers to the game credits for Blox!

I started by going to ‘Sales’ under ‘My Transactions’ and loading a ton of data right back to when I first released Blox. Then, using the browser dev tools, I scraped the page and extracted a list of names of people who bought Blox at the original early access price. Then, I turned it into a blob (still in the browser dev tools!) and imported it into VSCode for processing.

What I was left with was a massive text file containing the usernames of every single early tester:

I then copied that text into a dedicated module script in my place, so I could access it in-game.

From there, I had to do a bunch of UI programming to get the screen to work. I have to load in people’s names on the fly as you scroll down the list, as the text can’t fit in a single text label. It also makes it much less laggy since I use a custom font renderer.

But at the end, it’s a pretty nice acknowledgement:

15 Likes

I suggest you aplhabetize it so players can more easily find themselves.

2 Likes

It’s currently sorted by time of purchase, but I can add an option for that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Damn, just the erosion alone adds so much more realism to the terrain, especially on the large mountain in the background. Crazy!

2 Likes

Tried out some UGC stuff last week. I don’t have access to uploading anything yet, but it’s still pretty fun to do.

34 Likes

My newest and last version of King’s Landing

21 Likes

Trying to get better at modeling, this is the first animal that i ever made, and it took me around 6 hours i believe to make it. That’s a lot of time, but once again i’m just getting started into modeling animals, hope i’m in the right path :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Not Roblox related but thought it was still cool. I made the popular paper and pencil game: Dots and Boxes. This is the first version. I plan to flesh out the user interface. https://gyazo.com/1e35434ead15da8aa7d23fd6dfd7f4d5

4 Likes

Been a loooong time since I’ve posted. Been working on a new survival game, and have really been working hard at making sure my guis are up to snuff. Pretty proud of this inventory gui. (considering how sub par they were in space frontier)

8 Likes

Looks nice!

I remember playing waaaay too much Space frontier lol

1 Like

5da51a3e5a07dabc60a605cf05336522

Command-line based admin system

5 Likes

Have any resources to share for this? I’ve seen/read through some of the papers but my math background is very weak.

runs beautifully even on low end computers at the moment, slab logic, torch logic, there’s doors which face wherever you want to place, etc

6 Likes

The trailer to an explorative RPG game I may make.

3 Likes

Took a break from scripting to model this Five-Seven using studio.

7 Likes

that pickup truck looks really good and has a very original aesthistic but…What do you mean by variants? Do you mean separate cars or different types of the pickup truck?

1 Like

Pickup trucks back then were generally platforms and since I like to follow automotive trends, this truck can get a stepside bed or be turned into a panel van, tow truck, semi truck, etc. It’ll be very modular.

1 Like

Working on an open-source model that makes your character’s upper body/head point to where they’re looking (works across the network too):

49 Likes