What are you working on currently? (2019)

They’re built normally and unioned/meshed in sections, so they’ll split where they would “anatomically”. This also works with my system where certain parts can be blown off/work as armor. The cacodemon’s bottom jaw can be blown off with enough persuasion from the shotguns, revealing his weaker mouth area

Deer skull progress. Sort of getting the hang of Blender. 1.3k tris, 680 faces. I still have the antlers to make.

7 Likes

RooM is definitely a game which I’m gonna play on full release. :+1:

3 Likes

Reminds me of modeling style of the TV show Star Wars the Clone Wars.

1 Like

Oh jeez, that’s cool!!! When I tried to make a train, I usually ended up deleting everything.

You may just have “e”-started a new sub-genre. Simple, great delivery.

I’ve been working on some new updates for Blox - water now has a neat camera effect:

Compared to above water:

The effect is made up of shorter fog distance, a scrolling tiled texture overlay, dark blue fog colour and a 10% FOV reduction :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Appreciate you sharing insight into your methods and approach as development progresses. Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Working on characters now.

8 Likes

Is this going to be the terrain generator for the ‘survival edition’ of BLOX?

1 Like

I haven’t been in the studio for a while so I made a tiny build :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t get the tombstone colours right

4 Likes

…anyone else ever wanted to dress up as a tank for Halloween as a kid? Or was that just me? Either way, had some fun making this.

Hopefully those in the UGC program won’t steal this hat idea.

28 Likes

That’s because Its partly inspired by it. :0

1 Like

Making a thing :slight_smile:

7 Likes
Meme warning

Nah, but for real. it looks a little… low saturation for the normal roblox market.

Dropped part 1 of Vive La France, adding 3 new tanks and a bunch of bugfixes

I’m really happy with how these models turned out (as mentioned before), Can’t wait for custom materials because Roblox’s metal is… not great, and using baked textures is too low resolution for me to get decent results, unless i’m putting 2 hours into solving a UV unwrap jigsaw puzzle

also giving some love to a few older tank models

10 Likes

You mean, our territory?
-USSR anthem plays in the background-

kind of hard to get colors to match between Substance Painter, Roblox & Blender, just went with what I had, also did not want to spend another day re-doing the textures for it as this was meant to be done in 12 hours, but ended up being around 15. Although if you got any color pointers for it, don’t be shy for sending a DM.

Also… please tell me you have a level detail system in place for your tank. Those bolts make my CPU scream if I have to render them from across the map. D:

2 Likes

Volumetric Lighting

I will be releasing this soon, just made it not so performance heavy now I just need to find a way to make this easy to configure.

15 Likes

Yup, that terrain generator will be used in the survival version of Blox :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Made a beveled brick mesh. I feel proud

8 Likes

A turn based strategy RPG that tells a story. It’s inspired by games like Octopath Traveler, Undertale/Deltarune, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Persona 5, Hollow Knight, and more. Only taking small ideas/concepts from each.

The story is essentially this: Gods and people worked together to create these tools called “emblems” in the past, and they have the power to manifest energy from creatures without harming them, allowing people to temporarily inherit their abilities. You’re a vessel and are being trained to become one of the next Gods. Although you are faced by dozens of enemy organizations trying to break the bond between Gods and people, and weaponize anything they can. Emblems and even the creatures are being manipulated and used against you. Aside from the playful attitudes of you and your companions, there is darkness yet to be uncovered.
I’d say more about the story but I think it’s better to just keep it short and sweet.

Anyways here’s a clip of what the battles look like so far:

8 Likes