What are you working on currently? (2019)

I think I have my next theme for Sound Volblox.
Making this mockup now, saving it for when I actually get around to making the theme sometime next year.
Also I made the background audio myself!

1 Like

Could it be useful for particles in viewport frames, since regular particles aren’t supported yet?

1 Like

That’s a great use case for it, and it would certainly work. The particles may look a bit weird since they will render on top of the model, I’ll try it out! My main reason for wanting it was for on-screen particle fx such as snow or rain.

Yes please do!
I really needed such system once

Latest version of my club. I had to redo this because the old version was extremely small.

2 Likes

I am working on a City game, Do you think this Low Poly style would go fit? :)) I am really liking it.
(Still missing Street Signs, Signals ,etc. )

3 Likes

The low-poly style looks great for this game! Keep up the good work, and maintain the low-poly look for the other things you plan on adding (like traffic lights and street lights), and I think this game could become a success.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the honest opinion!

1 Like

8 Likes

Wow! Looks great! Excited to see the final product.

Working on making Blox Survival way faster - and I’m getting great results! I started by majorly refactoring terrain generation to be per-chunk rather than per-column, which means I no longer have to generate the entire underground area when I’m at the surface. Secondly, I’ve worked on hugely optimising chunk loading. Previously, for an area of about 1089 chunks, it would take about 332 seconds to fully load. Now, for a larger area of 1210 chunks, it takes 57 seconds to load. Look at this zoomy boi:

Finally, I got around to trying some super simple greedy meshing. Here is my 1D greedy meshing turned on:

And regular rendering (i.e. turned off)

Greedy meshing seems to make rendering go faster, which I suspect is down to the same reasons that instance pooling would make rendering go faster; reusing instances seems to be much more lightweight than creating them :smiley:

20 Likes

After losing a whole day’s work to my cat’s love to walk on my PC and save coruption, i took a break to work on a GPS system for my trucking game

it even zooms

it was actually surprisingly easy, as i’m already generating all roads client-side, and the Beziers for the roads are pre-solved as the client loads

i wanted to make the whole thing turn to line up to the direction the truck is facing, but rotation doesn’t not to work with clipdescendates :t

15 Likes

Hey! That’s impressive! I love the feeling of making serious optimizations.

Are you using Part Cache? It handles object pooling for you, and uses a method that avoid reparenting. It’s a pretty hefty optimization.

1 Like

That sound more like Minimap. But hey, use viewportFrame instead, it may works better.

I really love this, realized over most of your posts here that you have really great understanding and a nudge for what colors pop out and look best, between Primitive and other creations. Kudos to you, this stuff is awesome!

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

well right now it only functions as a minimal, but the generated map image can be put into any size frame and still work sooo :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: i just tried using viewport frames, and apparently surface GUI don’t show up when in viewport frames :confused:

Been using Illustrator for a little over a week now, very proud of the things I’ve designed so far. Here’s some Twitter headers I designed today.

9 Likes

CONTENT

28 Likes

Wow those are some great animations.