What are you working on currently? (2019)

I noticed that you have a different mesh for each block face. Wouldn’t it be better to make a mesh for each combination of visible block faces? This would take up less memory and shouldn’t be too much harder to implement. (You might be doing this, but as far as I can tell, you aren’t)

EDIT: After thinking about this, I realized how many combinations there actually are. The only thing that you could do to reduce that is to allow for rotation.

Wrote my own framework inspired by @Crazyman32 Aero Framework
Similarities: Uses a Service/Controller/Module model that adds quick and easy access to the framework directories.

Differences:
Modules/Services/Controllers are accessed under the Resources folder (self.Resources.Modules or self.Shared.Resources.Modules)
Modules and Services are stored under ServerScriptService instead of ServerStorage
Added an Assets folder for quick access to everything not script related.
Standard library that can be auto or manually loaded for easy utility uses. These come bundled with the framework.
Injects a ‘import’ function that can load a module or API library and returns it.
Injects a ‘using’ function that can load an module or API library and puts it in the environment.
Injects RobloxServices into the environment. It does the GetService stuff for you so you can just reference it via self.ServerStorage etc

Init function is called Awake
Added event functions called Update, PhysicsUpdate, and RenderUpdate for Heartbeat, Stepped, and Renderstepped respectively.

Still gotta implement FE networking, haven’t thought out how I want to change that up yet.

5 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like them!

1 Like

Latest studio render. Added in support for transparent parts, primitive conversations (turning wedgemesh/specialmesh into it’s part equivalent), and some more color balancing.

32 Likes

You can put part into viewportFrame like road or house.
But… why did you put SurfaceGUI into viewportFrame anyway?

https://gyazo.com/f1017d363fbd67c7f9cc01efc4c39929

Part of a new mining game of mine, and I created this cool illusion where you think you’re mining into solid rock, but as a major optimization it only loads the rocks around you!

6 Likes

because, the map is generated from the road data, and drawn onto a Gui Frame.
i figured if i draw it to a surface Gui, and then move around the part for it i could get the handy culling i need, while also keeping the fact that it’s drawn with a gui (for easy resize, and lack of shading)

1 Like

Working on a custom health + armour system. Active armour reduces initial damage by a set threshold. Armour will regenerate over time, health will not.

4 Likes

Excellent work! I love the style of these - especially the crystal sword.

Do you paint directly on the mesh, or just on the UV map?

Woah! Looks super cool! Excited to see more progress from this game.

1 Like

A kitchen for my cooking game!

9 Likes

This kinda looks like one of those lego ads

3 Likes

after 9 months, i’m almost ready to flex on ya’ll buddy boys

close-ups soon :wink:

6 Likes

How long did it take to render?

12 minutes I believe. Sample count really helps inflate this.

1 Like

I’m curious, did you make a plugin for it or an external program? How does it work?

Constructing dodecahedrons with WedgeParts and CornerWedgeParts :smiley:

53 Likes

I believe developers normally look down upon the tool due to how little work it takes to use others models. But of course nothing is really wrong with it, those people decided to share their models and so of course some people will use it.

I don’t use it but I really don’t find a problem with using it.

1 Like

Tiny nitpick, I feel like you added way too much of those rocks over there. The point of low-poly is to lower the amount of polygons and lag, so seeing this is kinda contradicting. I like the style and layout though, keep up the good work!

Been working on a galaxy map, it functions really well, you can view it any point in game. I plan to add more to it, but it works wonderfully atm. You can use WASD to move around, or click drag it. It also limits you to a circle around the galaxy as well as zoom. Also just looks sick

Currently it lacks a lot of star systems, but i’m working towards more.

15 Likes