What are you working on currently? (2019)

I’m working in Marching Squares algorithm for a dungeon generation, probably open source.

23 Likes

Terrain using multifractal instead of fractional brownian motion(fBm) because everyone uses fBm

15 Likes

p.s. @GregTame made the dank helis. I just code them

19 Likes

Marching cubes + Multifractal, I’m right?

Yea, it is multifractal and marching cubes.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll make sure to lower the rock amount down a lot :+1:

1 Like

I am absolutely stunned at your immediate quality; do you have experience in other mediums which transferred skills over or is there just a stellar guide you can recommend?

Speaking as one who considers himself proficient in Illustrator and seeking a resource I can share with others.

I have absolutely no experience with any design software. I’ve just been watching tons of tutorials and have been practicing non-stop.

2 Likes

After my processor got fried, I got a new one and did some basic stuff, there wasn’t many changes during september so I’ll show what I did before my computed died. for the 5th time this year

• Started transferring background assets from the test place to the OOF Man place

• Created the credits menu and some poses for the staff members
    Credits_Lorenzorei Credits_Herickman Credits_RandomGames123456

4 Likes

I haven’t made anything for myself in a very long time, so I’m having another go at an old project of mine. This time, I’m going to impose some rules to try and help myself improve.

16 Likes

Playing around with colors and themes for a new survival game I’m working on with a friend

6 Likes

I’m trying to get blocks disconnected from the ground to fall…

It’s supposed to look more like this lol:

No idea why it works for small structures and not large ones :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

How are you doing it? Typically this is as simple as welding blocks to their adjacent blocks

1 Like

Spent some time designing a new logo for Primitive a couple days ago.

9 Likes

I don’t want them to behave as normal physics objects do ( they look cooler like this imo), and it’s much more efficient to move them all as one unit, so I am just tweening the entire model in a path that approximates proper physics. I have it working now though :slight_smile:

Turns out the issue was that the primary I was creating and using to tween the model wasn’t anchored, and as it fell but got teleported up the rest of the model seemed to shoot up into the air.

28 Likes

I’m starting to experiment more with UI Design and I think it’s going pretty well so far. Here’s a hotbar I was working on for a survival game.
hotbar

2 Likes

I’m working on a building game that primarily focuses on exploration, and hopefully will be a game that I actually release instead of scrapping like everything else I make :slight_smile:

Ported 2D/3D Improved Perlin, Simplex, and Open Simplex noise over to Lua from Java. Probably gonna release it soon. Gonna add 4D Simplex and Open Simplex, but the Open Simplex implementation is looking at ~1300 LOC which I dread. 3D was already 500 as is.

2 Likes

Just finished this super cool dialogue system for a commission.

7 Likes

he speaks the truth … apart from the pineapple thing. pineapples are gr0ss

4 Likes