What are you working on currently? (2019)

Pineapple pizza is a religion.

4 Likes

my bf would agree with you there. anyway, the dialogue system looks great. are you able to skip the text animation by clicking, for example?

1 Like

Not at the moment, but I might add that. Scripting that at all took me guessing how to make the system recursive and eventually guessing correctly. Iā€™m not sure how well I scripted it to be able to skip, because currently a lot of the code such as the ā€œPress any key to continueā€¦ā€ relies on the yield in the for loop to render the text.

presumably, youā€™re using a for loop to animate the text. one solution would be to store the wait time in a variable, and simply set it to 0 on click/keypress, then returning it back to its original value after the loop.

as for interrupting the animation, store a separate bool variable for when text is animating, and ensure any clicks/keypresses check the text is not animating before firing any other events.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually an amazing idea. Thanks a lot. Iā€™ll try to add that right now, and Iā€™ll keep you updated.

1 Like

Wow. That worked unusually well.

3 Likes

thatā€™s awesome. some people read faster than others, and having to sit and wait for text to finish animating can be an annoyance, so giving this option makes everyone happy haha.

1 Like

Currently trying to make Sword FFA.

Screenshots

2e94ac4955b22fbed6900f017ab21f48
e263c097705155fcd9c459016679cf758777b37f_2_500x500%20(1)

1 Like

So here we have a sasquatch, eating meat:

And hereā€™s the same sasquatch, after their meal:

[insert image here]
scripted by
@micheru

16 Likes

While everyone else here is working on big games/projects, iā€™m currently attempting to figure some more stuff out about scripting and developing, and trying to make functional games lol

@roowbloxer
Same. To be honest I donā€™t expect my game, Sword FFA to become that big any time soon. So I am basically doing the same expect iā€™m figuring stuff out about animating, C++, and Lua script.

1 Like

If you have to ask, itā€™s more than likely not okay. Consider adjusting the hand position, not so good.

I did not expect to see this in my feed and I donā€™t fully know how to feel about this.

1 Like

Well, youā€™ve got games like this one:

Would you think that if the animation was removed, and out of nowhere the poop just appeared it would be fine?

1 Like

Just because others do something, doesnā€™t make it right.

Iā€™ll edit this post when I get over the fact I just saw this while scrolling and didnt expect it, nor was warned of the content, such as putting in a

Questionable content - Avatar poo

This text will be hidden

1 Like

Alright, I removed the gif and will try to work on an alternative method.

1 Like

You should add particles for when that object gets destroyed, so that thereā€™s a smooth transition, instead of something vanishing into thin air.

2 Likes

Made a cool object highlighting effect for a side project

62 Likes

Iā€™m going to throw in a guess at this, Viewport clone + in-workspace object is turned to neon?
or Dual viewport?

Yup! Viewport Frame + in workspace object turned to neon. Pretty simple effect but looks decent enough. There is some slight pixelation but thereā€™s not much you can do about that

8 Likes

Its still a really awesome effect, nice find!