What are you working on currently? (2019)

Oooooooh nice build. :grin::exploding_head:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpqAavyBLOs

A plugin called " Physics Prop" inspired by Wilhelm Nylund’s physics based prop placement tool. I figured a tool like this would be perfect for Roblox developers so I decided to bring it to the platform. I plan to have this user ready by late June so keep an eye out for it.

6 Likes

By rpg, I’m going to assume you mean games like Infinity rpg, Vesteria, or Dungeon Quest so… If you’re not then ignore this whole post :pensive:
Most rpg games right now are more in the past. For example, all 3 rpgs mentioned use swords, something nobody really uses in today’s world. Your picture looks like a modern world, so I’m thinking you’d be making a more modern type rpg. That would be different to almost every rpg out there and would really make your game stand out so I say go for it.

If you’re making a Bloxburg or Welcome To Robloxia type game (Role-Playing-Game)
then, good luck.

In general, the city looks really nice and the end product will probably look amazing

There are tons of more futuristic RPG’s out there, doesn’t necessarily have to be all swords and medieval weapons. There is usually some sort of fantasy in there though (which makes Bloxburg and Welcome to Robloxia sound less of your typical “RPG” game and really a “Role playing game”). If you’ve ever played something like the long-forgotten “Star Wars: Clone Wars” that would be an accurate futuristic RPG (and probably similar to SuperBloxxer’s theme of sci-fi).

Thats a good point, but I said

not futuristic.

this isn’t meant to be mean or offensive

I programmed it so you can use it for ingame television broadcasts. I’m planning to put a whole bunch of TV’s across the ingame map. I won’t be rendering the frames per se. Instead I’ll give the players the option to spectate from the broadcaster’s camera perspective. (Maybe I’ll eventually add some surfaceUI viewport frames that’ll be updated every 5 seconds or so).

Nice job but I recommend making it to the goal within 1.2 seconds.

Further progress, changed/added some lighting and a subtle vignette effect to help guide the viewers attention the center of the screen.

Wonder what this is for…

17 Likes

i made it slower to demonstrate the animation , heres a faster version of it

3 Likes

Looks really good man, keep up the good work and can’t wait to see others amazing work! Also nicely done.

Alongside my other random experiments, I released the first Friday Update for Blox. To test the new distributed world system, and to see how the new clouds and fog looked, I built a small cottage:

Developers can have fun too :wink:

17 Likes

I genuinely thought this was Minecraft. Good job man!

1 Like

Those screenshots remind me of those old Minecraft clones on Roblox.
Looks really good!

1 Like

Will be creating a separate thread dedicated to this creation shortly, just have to render out some HQ images and gifs to show the process of creating it.

Bro, I thought it was Minecraft lol. Nice!

1 Like

It looks a bit too close to Minecraft imo. But its nice. Did you individual unwrap each cube mesh to work with a different sprite? Or are you using surfaceguis?

1 Like

New action camera! :smiley: Lots of springs were harmed in the making of this video.

22 Likes

shame it’s not available on mobile. don’t care if it’s not optimised, would still love to mess around and explore

Really, awesome camera action like how you made it. Looks like a game out of roblox keep it up @ScriptOn!

1 Like

It’s just parts with textures at the moment, the only mesh parts I’ve used so far are for the plants e.g. mushrooms, flowers and saplings

1 Like