What are you working on currently? (2020)

So after a long while trying to make high-poly assets, I decided to switch to low-poly for Legend of the Eldritch. :smiley: So far so good!

What do you guys think? :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Are you making these in Blender?

1 Like

On the whole, very good. But those eyes… Those eyes are straight nightmare fuel.

1 Like

Certainly! All the models are made in Blender 2.82 :slight_smile:

Yeaa… do you have an idea of how I could resolve that? :sweat_smile: been trying to think of stuff but it’s complicated haha

Icy theme.

5 Likes

I’m working on a new inventory data format for Shard Seekers. When an equipment slot references an item in the inventory it will use the inventory length to encode the item’s position in an optimal number of bits.

Powers of two are stored normally at their bit depth:

This is better than when it didn’t know the max, but here’s what it can do for other cases:

It omits redundant bits so that every possible state is meaningful.

If the inventory has just 1 item in it, it will actually use 0 bits because it can only be that item. The equip slots are also sorted by item position when saving, so this also applies when it’s the last possible item in the inventory.

It can store this loadout in just 17 bits! (Right sword, left sword, and glasses)

The format is also future-proof, so I can add new equip-points to any of these items without incrementing the save version number.

It’s also storing a delta-encoded slot type for each of the equips. The current slot type just stores the slotId and itemId, but I’m planning on adding a type that stores the item’s dye color too (so that multiple characters can equip the same item using different colors.) It would also be cool to add types that reference multiple items, or types that don’t even reference the inventory (like for equipping spells.)

The sword currently has 2 equip points that can be used, but I could potentially make it so you can equip glasses on your head or in your shirt pocket, or equip a pair of gloves on just one hand.

JSON might be easy to use, but this is just so insanely compact :grin:

16 Likes

Various Things. Good things.

Life Lost Life Idle

32 Likes

Hello, I just created this cool low-poly portal.

11 Likes

So recently I modeled a low poly ax for fun and to add some stuff to my portfolio. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the model itself!

4 Likes

Made with

Terrain Editor

1 Like
5 Likes

Working on fully custom water with @honeydewloon for Boat Bandits. Will enable ships to move dynamically with the swells. So far, lag free.

https://i.gyazo.com/97ed6b8b123c2820a5843c9c73f18f1a.mp4

51 Likes

Still working hard on my open world game similar to GTA.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/488806567102119947/689628776937553952/2020-03-15_15-59-39.mp4
If you want to see more videos/Pictures join the discord :))

7 Likes

I’m currently working on an Original simulator. There will be no pets or pay to win. I hope this project turns out to be a success!

1 Like

Don’t have anything I can show in a screenshot yet, but I’m currently working on a danmaku shoot-em-up game.

1 Like

Currently working on a new game using video features! Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 8.12.12 PM I didn’t add video features yet, so here is what it looks like.

2 Likes

Spicy reviving meatballs

13 Likes

More experiments.

2 Likes

minimart photoshoot with the posters i’ve designed. i’m also trying to improve my building skills

14 Likes

A start to some procedural terrain generation(just mountains and valleys) for a small little passion project I’m working on a day out of the week. The map and asset placement is built with fractal brownian motion. Also threw in a time cycle and dynamic sky system and took some cool screenshots :slight_smile:

Still a ton of work to do to, need to model some more props and currently there is little color variation on them

Props were made by my girlfriend/development partner @Tamara_X :slight_smile:

44 Likes